Clarification on slime toys?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Clarification on slime toys?

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:52 pm

So with all the new food we get from Ogden's upgrades, I'm starting to think I might need to cut back on agitation reduction for my slimes just to keep up with it all. I went and dug up the info on slime toys and I'm a bit confused about it.

"Slime toys reduce slime agitation when a slime is near them, making it a handy object to drop into a corral. However, each slime has a favorite toy which reduces agitation even further. The calming effect from slime toys stacks with the music box corral upgrade, but does not stack with other slime toys. If multiple toys are near a slime, a slime will always receive the best possible bonus from the toys, so feel free to mix and match."

The 2nd to last line says the effects of slime toys don't stack with each other, but then the last line says if multiple toys are near a slime, it'll always receive the best bonus from the toys? Does this mean the agitation levels can only be reduced by 2 levels max so it's either by multiple toys, or 1 toy plus a music box? Or are multiple toys no better than 1 toy regardless? Also, is agitation reduction the same for 1 toy by itself as a music box by itself? This is more directed to any of the devs that might be able to give me a clear answer, but if anyone else happened to do some experiments at some point and could clear this up for me, that works too.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Re: Clarification on slime toys?

Postby Randomtangle » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:29 pm

It means that the agitation deduction stacks with music. It also means that if you put a Stego Pal, and a Large Rock in a Rock-Saber corral, only one toy would give a buff.

(Personally, I put both toys in, and have every toy lined up behind the house!)
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!