My Two Cents (Suggestions, Wishlist and Feedback)

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

My Two Cents (Suggestions, Wishlist and Feedback)

Postby Boon » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:19 am

Hello everyone,
this is my first post on this forum. I created this account in the hopes to give some feedback that is hopefully going to be read by both the community and the development team.
I REALLY love this game and I'd wish to see Slime Rancher grow and become a whole franchise of games (and merch? (Yeah we definetly need some slime plushies!)). I love the colors and the slimes are cute as hell, especially the cat slime *boop*.

My Wishlist / Suggestions

1. Populate the world. Make it look alive
Many people like to compare it to Harvest Moon. And like in Harvest Moon I'd really love to see some other characters in the game other than me and the slimes. They can be other ranchers, people that assist you on your ranch or around your ranch, travelers, villagers, towns or entire populated cities.

2. (Random) events
Have things happen in and around your ranch that deviate from the usual slime rancher business:
- Disasters
- Thieves
- Traders and travelers
- Scammers and frauds
- etc.

3. Quests and challenges
From time to time have some NPCs offer quests and (timed) challenges to the player.

4. Building your own ranch
From what I've seen so far, this game is all about creating your own successful slime ranch. So why not give players the tools to actually build and customize their own unique ranches?

5. Research and crafting
I don't know if this is already in the game yet but the possibility to conduct research about the slimes, plorts and other elements of the game would be great. Research that leads to new possibilites for the player. Like the ability to convert the plort from stone slime into different metals or gemstones which can then either be sold or used as crafting material.

6. Sequels and/or DLC
Pretty please? :)

Questions to the community:

What is your opinion on Slime Rancher? How do you think the game can be improved? Do you agree with my suggestions? What would you love to see in the game or in upcoming DLC or sequels?

Edit: Can we get an option to give names to our slimes? :D
Last edited by Boon on Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boon
Plort

Re: My Two Cents (Suggestions, Wishlist and Feedback)

Postby Heather » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:24 am

Welcome to our community Boon Image
Great suggestions, how long have you been playing the game?
#2 is my favorite idea, keeps things interesting. Image
Heather
Admin

Postby Boon » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:40 am

Actually I'm still thinking about buying it. I always feel bad after buying a game that's in Early Access so it is usually a fight between my bad conscience and the thought of finally playing the game >.<
Some of my favourite YouTubers like Boogie and Totalbiscuit probably wouldn't be too proud of me :/

Actually Jim Sterling made me interested in the game (his reaction after he was "booped" by the cat slime is priceless). Watched a livestream of Beer Games afterwards to see more of the game. After that evening my love for Slime Rancher was kindled.
Boon
Plort

Postby Drawer » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:46 am

I haven't played nothing (Like I said on the last post,only watched it for an hour or so)

The ideas are really nice. Specially the second one.

Maybe adding a little "Campaign" mode? And by Campaign I mean like Sierra's games Caesar/Pharaoh,where you get a well-planned world generation,with different slimes,upgrades and such,and you need to complete different objectives to go to the next level (Maybe get 40 slimes in one place,or sell X ammount of SOMETHING)

And of course,have this "Free-Play" mode. AKA the game as it is right now. Idk,it might be fun.

Maybe add some difficulties on both gamemodes,too? Like more enemies,more damage,less slimes,less profit,etc.

And I don't know if that exists right now,but maybe some Slime-breeding? Get some unique slimes by just combining 2 different slimes to get a new one (instead of just eating/fusing each other. xD)
Drawer
Plort

Postby ChosenPredator » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:53 am

http://steamcommunity.com/app/433340/di ... 190949410/ the event idea is a good one it's also discuss here, sort of like a slime town with events in it, meeting strange people..cool things like that.
ChosenPredator
Rancher

Postby Coryn » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:16 pm

Maybe for the Breeding the Slimes could drop their own Types of "Goos" from Time to time (Like pink slime would drop Pink goo and Rock slimes would Drop Rock goo)wich you could use for Breeding (up to 3 or 4 at once) and it would make completly new Slimes like pink,Rock and Gold Goo could create an Crystal slime or something like that (sorry for bad English)
Coryn
Chickadoo

Postby Drawer » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:19 pm

Another thing. Maybe the Incinerator can give you idk... 5% chance of giving you a Plort when you incinerate a normal slime? And a 2% chance of getting TWO Plorts (1 of each,obviously) from a Largo slime?

Because honestly... We can just throw them to the water behind our house and it'll be done. That can give The Tarr a chance to drop a pretty rare Plort that can give you a TON of money. Or maybe use it for crafting... Or EVEN as a key to another place.

The ideas are flowing guys,I can feel it.
Drawer
Plort

Postby NekoSlime » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:30 pm

Boon wrote:1. Populate the world. Make it look alive
I'd really love to see some other characters in the game other than me and the slimes.

I disagree on this because I enjoy how it's only you and your little slimey friends. I feel that Slime Rancher is as much of an escape for us as it is for Beatrix. The contact you have with human NPC's is through the quest system (which I never see a reason to use) and the mail system, which are good enough.

Boon wrote:4. Building your own ranch
From what I've seen so far, this game is all about creating your own successful slime ranch. So why not give players the tools to actually build and customize their own unique ranches?

B-but we can. Unless you mean, like, cosmetically? How would that be done? Maybe we could purchase decorations or something I guess, but I wouldn't want that to be a high priority to implement.

Boon wrote:5. Research and crafting
I don't know if this is already in the game yet but the possibility to conduct research about the slimes, plorts and other elements of the game would be great. Research that leads to new possibilites for the player. Like the ability to convert the plort from stone slime into different metals or gemstones which can then either be sold or used as crafting material.

See, the great thing about this game is that we don't need to "research" a slime to understand it. The beauty of this game is that you do your own research. You ranch the slime and you learn how it works. You don't click a button and wait a few in-game hours and call it "research." That is anti-fun and does not belong in a game like this. It has a better place in strategy games, and even then I find it to be anti-fun because it breaks gameplay and prevents you from learning about things in your own, hands-on way. That's what Slime Rancher is all about.

As for crafting...remember that this game still has to be at least slightly easy and kid-friendly. So having crafting (which is traditionally a complex system) could be a detriment to the game. You might be on the right track though. Instead of crafting per se, maybe we'd be able to use certain combinations of plorts to get certain upgrades to our character/vac gun/house that wouldn't be available to purchase. The same could be done with the quest system, to give us actual reasons to collect all those things.
NekoSlime
Rancher

Return to General Discussion