Hello,fellow players. Trying to help this game (sort of) :(

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Hello,fellow players. Trying to help this game (sort of) :(

Postby Drawer » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:12 am

Hello,as you can see by my nickname,I'm Drawer (best name,I know),and sadly I'm not able to BUY the game (obviously,no money or nothing... I'm not here to explain my life or anything like that).

I watched probably an hour or so from a streamer,and decided to stop it there. There's almost 2 or 3 games I DON'T want to see by any youtuber,or streamer or anyone. Just buy it,play it by myself and have fun all day no stop. And THIS Slime Rancher is one of those 2-3ish games.

And well,apart from trying not to smash my head into the table because of THAT PROBLEM and join here to see future updates and such,I want to help you guys.

Sadly,I'm not a professional programmer or modeller (this toaster can't even handle a 3D program properly)or anything,so I can't do the "big stuff",and I really hate that. What I can do is translate it into another language.

Like most people said in some posts,this look a liiiitle bit like Minecraft,with the sandbox,moving around "freely" and that stuff. Except this game has """"some story"""". Maybe. I don't know.

What I'm trying to say is that the people (obviously),but also (and specially. Maybe) the kids might love this. A lot. They always love some cute little bouncy slimes that can become a dough and eat all your stuff.

Anyways,I'm from Spain,from a little yet big terrain called Galicia,Orense. I've been LITERALLY all my life on a computer,like a plant,chatting with some english "friends" and watching english people. My mother learned a perfect french by just talking with strangers and watching TV. No help. Just translating everything by herself. Just like I did with english.

Long story short,I don't even know if you guys even want any "help" now,or in the future (probably not),but I'll always be here 24/7/365. Literally,again.

So anyways,even if you just think about it and say a big-old NO,it's fine. Of course I'll love you no matter what,and hopefully this game will get better,stronger and slimer every day. And I can't wait to finally buy it and play it non-stop for a decent ammount of weeks over,and over again. :3

(There's my e-mail in my profile if you [again,who knows] decide something? Yeah. I'll just stop tying,I'm only embarrassing myself.)
Last edited by Drawer on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Drawer
Plort

Re: Hello There,fellow players (and everyone else)

Postby Heather » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:06 am

Hey Drawer, welcome to the community Image
Heather
Admin

Postby pixeledbrain » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:33 am

Let me guess, Alexelcapo? Only big spanish youtuber i know that has streamed Slime Rancher recently on twitch :D
Feel free to add me on Steam if you want to discuss something!

I hope you all have a nice day. ~ Pixel
pixeledbrain
Rancher

Postby Drawer » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:38 am

pixeledbrain wrote:Let me guess, Alexelcapo? Only big spanish youtuber i know that has streamed Slime Rancher recently on twitch :D

Obviously... xDDD

But yeah,I still think all the people,and SPECIALLY little kids who doesn't undestand english might love this real hard. That's why I want to help them get this game into another language.

Again,if they want/are interested,of course. They're the ones doing all the hard work. I won't be,sadly. D;
Drawer
Plort

Re: Hello,fellow players. Trying to help this game (sort of)

Postby Wonda » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:32 am

I'd say if you want to help with translation, contact Monomi Park. Tell them that you wish to help translate for the game, and see where the dialog goes from there.
Three in a row, tic tac tarr!
Wonda
Rancher

Postby Drawer » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:50 am

Well yeah,I think it's the best choice (I did it right now,btw)

Forgot to say (Hopefully they read this post BEFORE reading the e-mail) that I don't want to do this for money. I simply want to help this game reach other countries. I'm kind of a charity-ish man,yeah. :X
Drawer
Plort

Postby pixeledbrain » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:24 pm

Drawer wrote:Well yeah,I think it's the best choice (I did it right now,btw)

Forgot to say (Hopefully they read this post BEFORE reading the e-mail) that I don't want to do this for money. I simply want to help this game reach other countries. I'm kind of a charity-ish man,yeah. :X

Id also be willing to help translate, sadly, im also Spanish, so if you already are helping i guess there's no place for me *Insert sad tabby emoticon here*
Feel free to add me on Steam if you want to discuss something!

I hope you all have a nice day. ~ Pixel
pixeledbrain
Rancher

Postby Wonda » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:20 pm

pixeledbrain wrote:
Drawer wrote:Well yeah,I think it's the best choice (I did it right now,btw)

Id also be willing to help translate, sadly, im also Spanish, so if you already are helping i guess there's no place for me *Insert sad tabby emoticon here*

Maybe you both can work together ? Who knows?
Three in a row, tic tac tarr!
Wonda
Rancher

Postby Oryc » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:52 am

I'd really want to help in this translation to Spanish. I've already helped with a few games but just checking beta versions to find gramatical errors and that stuff.
I'm used to do fan transtaltions with the priority of making it really fit in the language and letting it sound like a real adaptation (You know, some weird expressions or grammatical forms that aren't actually used)

So if you had already got a response from Monomipark and think you could use some help (even if it is just for checking how does this sounds. For example, I would translate slimes to "limos", like in many other games like Dragon Quest, and maybe you'd rather leave them as "slimes")
Oryc
Plort

Postby Drawer » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:22 am

No answer for now. Yet again,it's their choice if they even WANT to answer me/let me help thme/that stuff.

Again,not trying to do this for money or something like that. I basically want to help the game reach other countries in their original languages. That's all. :X
Drawer
Plort

Postby MLeonhardt » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:39 am

I don't see how this is anything even slightly close to minecraft but welcome aboard.
MLeonhardt
Rancher

Postby WhiskeyKM » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:10 pm

Hey! I'm interested in this Spanish translation thing too! I already sent a mail to Monomi Park and I would love to join you guys in translating the game as well. I hope we all can help in some way for the developing of this awesome game
WhiskeyKM
Plort

Postby Teesee » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:03 am

Hello guys, newbie reporting! I've discovered this game a few weeks ago and the first hours of gameplay made it very promising.

Just like Drawer, I was thinking of helping a bit with translating the game. I'm already in charge of the French community translation for Project Zomboid (another game in EA) and I'd be more than happy to help with Slime Rancher's FR translation.

Anyone got a reply after sending a mail to Monomi Park?
Teesee
Rancher

Postby Hypsellis » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:21 am

I could help for the french translation too, I'm used to switch between english and french. ;)
Hypsellis
Chickadoo

Postby Gaster » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:38 pm

I could help with a german translation, I'm from germany and pretty fluent in english writing :D

If we could have something like a template we could fill out we could easily boost translations and it would be much easier for the developers to use the translations by using a script/plugin that reads from these lists, this would also enable us to give slimes and other things custom names just by editing the file ^^
Gaster
Chickadoo

Postby Teesee » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:42 pm

The devs from Project Zomboid have managed to use Lua lines and put them into txt files where we just have to fill in the blanks with the translations. It even allows us to put our translations as Worshop items. When you devs will be thinking about how to localise the game with help from the community, it may be worth having a chat with PZ's devs.
Teesee
Rancher

Postby Teesee » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:48 am

Bump, no news from your side Drawer? Could you tell me where you sent a message / e-mail so I can do as well?
Teesee
Rancher

Return to General Discussion