Ogden's Wild Update Discussion Thread

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Re: Ogden's Wild Update Discussion Thread

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:13 am

don't know off the top of my head and don't have time to check right now, but the steam guide and slime rancher wiki both have guides up.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:06 am

THX DOH!!!
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Ameisenfutter » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:08 pm

Hey there! I haven't been playing for a while but the casual mode as well as the announced drones got me to play again.

I'd really like to play casual to build a nice farm with lots and lots of freeroaming slimes. However, I don't like to loose my progress. Is there any way to change the gamemode of my savefile? I've been digging through the file, but couldn't find anything about the gamemode.
Ameisenfutter
Plort

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:38 pm

You could just make a new file. It doesn't delete other file's progress.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby LeolaniLiaMay » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:01 pm

I saw on twitter where some people were turning "Bloom" on and it was allowing them to use the teleporters without any glitches or crashing... I did that and it worked for me, as well! I usually have all the settings as low as possible and keep extra stuff turned off because I use an older computer for most of my games (I just have two laptops and the good one has like zero space even cleaned). So, that might be a solution to anyone having those issues! Also, it could be why Monomi is having issues recreating the issue; I imagine that, having designed the games themselves, they would already have all the features, including Bloom, already turned on~!

Also, HOW HAVE SO MANY OF YOU FINISHED THE QUESTS IN ONLY AN HOUR??? Granted my game was massively glitched (and I've put ~1hr into casual mode), I've put seven-eight hours into the game since the update and I still don't have the final reward??? (I'm about halfway through the third quest.) I'm so impressed with you guys, like, what???
LeolaniLiaMay / N3V3RD13May

I just came out here to have fun AND HAVE SLIMES EVERYWHERE THIS IS HEAVEN <3
LeolaniLiaMay
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:47 pm

well i would assume most of them skipped through all the text and slept through days to get the mudballs to respawn faster to collect the kookadoba more quickly. i did finish it myself rather quickly too though since i didn't leave until i had 100, but i got held up a bit by for some reason thinking i had to to trades with everyone- not just ogden, and not having much time on day1 of release, and the 2nd day wasting a pretty long time being stuck in what i thought was a hidden passage, and attempting to escape only to somehow manage to get myself even more stuck before finally doing an emergency return. also it coulda just been bad rgn, but of 6 stoney hens, like 60-something saber plorts, and 100 kookadoba, only 3 hens and 4 plorts washed up at my docks. i feel like i should have at least found a couple kookadoba with them.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Got all treasure pods today. Also got the Retreat. (Ranch, Retreat) both start with R.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Sailbourne » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:44 pm

I started a new game without first deleting my 1.0 saved games (there are two). When my husband went to start a new game, he was unable to delete any of the saved games.

Has anyone else seen this?
Sailbourne
Plort

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:49 pm

was he just clicking once? they changed it so you have to hold down for a few seconds to confirm to avoid accidental deletion of saves through misclicks.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Ameisenfutter » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:15 am

Randomtangle wrote:You could just make a new file. It doesn't delete other file's progress.

Nah, don't wanna start over.
Ameisenfutter
Plort

Postby Randomtangle » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:50 am

Okay. Makes sense. Starting a game is fun though.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby LeolaniLiaMay » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:01 am

PrismSlime wrote:well i would assume most of them skipped through all the text and slept through days to get the mudballs to respawn faster to collect the kookadoba more quickly. i did finish it myself rather quickly too though since i didn't leave until i had 100, but i got held up a bit by for some reason thinking i had to to trades with everyone- not just ogden, and not having much time on day1 of release, and the 2nd day wasting a pretty long time being stuck in what i thought was a hidden passage, and attempting to escape only to somehow manage to get myself even more stuck before finally doing an emergency return. also it coulda just been bad rgn, but of 6 stoney hens, like 60-something saber plorts, and 100 kookadoba, only 3 hens and 4 plorts washed up at my docks. i feel like i should have at least found a couple kookadoba with them.

O/////////O;;;;; And that is why I kept trying to force my teleporters to work instead of doing emergency return. While I love the feature to have stuff wash back up on the beach, I don't trust my chances of getting back the stuff I actually needed pre-knockout.

LeolaniLiaMay
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:21 am

Stuff washes up when you die anywhere?!?! This is new to me.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby PrismSlime » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:54 am

i'm not sure if it does from the glass desert though since the sand sea and the slime sea connecting doesn't make much sense. (to me at least) i'd test it but i don't like skipping days just for the sake of it.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby inferno13xx911 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:31 am

Nick wrote:Ogden's Wild Update is now live on PC!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5538

Please use this thread to discuss and offer feedback.

When will it be released for Xbox One?
inferno13xx911
Plort

Postby LeolaniLiaMay » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:20 am

inferno13xx911 wrote:
Nick wrote:Ogden's Wild Update is now live on PC!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5538

Please use this thread to discuss and offer feedback.

When will it be released for Xbox One?

Here's what they said on twitter yesterday (following trying to fix the teleporter errors shown on PC saves):

"We have unfortunately decided to delay v1.1.0 on Xbox until next week. Our developers are still trying to fix a crucial bug from v1.1.0."
and
"We understand this is disappointing, but it would be irresponsible to ship a version with known instability. Thank you for your patience."

The quotes link to the tweets that say them.

LeolaniLiaMay
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:35 am

Cool!
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Randomtangle » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:38 am

https://youtu.be/8mkwp9yYwXU
JuSt WaTcH. DoN't AsK.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby z0mbiesrock » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:57 am

Why?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby Randomtangle » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:34 pm

It has Ogden in it.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby MegIsRad » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:59 pm

MegIsRad wrote:A few things:

Sometimes the Kookas seem to stay frozen on the screen after I vac them up.

I have 2/3 rewards already done in a few hours...I think its easy, but also tedious at times when all the tar slime come at me, and I spend a lot of time killing them..so I think it evens it out!

I love this update and the new look to the plort market..as well as the exchange! It's so cool and fun!

Something I would love to see in the future is more things in the 72ze club! I loved getting them all...and honestly I have saved up so much money I don't even know what to do with it!

I love the update...I figured because they were ferals everywhere I could win them over with chickens...and while I waited that month I also stockpiled 400 chickens in a silo just for the wilds. I adore playing this game! And I love the new pods in the wilds, though how many are there?

I finished all 3 objectives. I also have some adorable saber largos.

One thing that bothers me, and I don't know if anyone else can say the same is I have only ever seen 3 of those kookadoba mud balls. Are they so rare that they never appear? I have gotten a few hundred of the fruit...but I never see the mud balls.

Also, the house on the retreat only changes colors when I change the tech colors. I wish we could change colors separate from the retreat and the ranch, as well as the retreat house being a separate color (instead of the same colors as the tech) I am a player who loves customizing my ranch...I mean why not? We are given endless possibilities.

Hmmm...can't say much else for now, but I love my new slimes I have on the retreat!
MegIsRad
Plort

Postby LeolaniLiaMay » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:47 am

MegIsRad wrote:I finished all 3 objectives. I also have some adorable saber largos.

One thing that bothers me, and I don't know if anyone else can say the same is I have only ever seen 3 of those kookadoba mud balls. Are they so rare that they never appear? I have gotten a few hundred of the fruit...but I never see the mud balls.

Also, the house on the retreat only changes colors when I change the tech colors. I wish we could change colors separate from the retreat and the ranch, as well as the retreat house being a separate color (instead of the same colors as the tech) I am a player who loves customizing my ranch...I mean why not? We are given endless possibilities.

Hmmm...can't say much else for now, but I love my new slimes I have on the retreat!

I only saw the three that were there when I first went into the Wilds, too... Idk if I was just going back too frequently (though I was waiting about forty eight in-game hours at points) or what....

As for the house customization; I second this wholly. I also wish that the retreat started out with it's standard color instead of my tech customized one. That was a dead giveaway that the retreat was one of the rewards and I was a little disappointed with knowing that upfront instead of when I beat the second challenge/commission request.

LeolaniLiaMay
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:22 pm

well frankly the fact that they bothered to build the area with the clearly visible plots, the toy dispenser across the way, and the huge barrier preventing you from getting there, it was pretty obvious that you'd gain access to it at some point... also you can see all the build spots from the corner you start in when you activate gadget mode...

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby LeolaniLiaMay » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:20 pm

I actually didn't realize that was a toy dispenser until I got up to it lol But honestly I think I would have prefered at least the illusion that Ogden used the place for himself. I mean, you can't go into the house even after you own the property.

LeolaniLiaMay
Rancher

Postby LeolaniLiaMay » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Also, the tofu isn't supposed to affect hunger, right? So... is it not supposed to be calming feral slimes? Cause it calmed my saber-hunter...

LeolaniLiaMay
Rancher

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion