(sry if the english is bad) Ideas for spending cash

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

(sry if the english is bad) Ideas for spending cash

Postby Bonsoir » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:37 am

I just wanted to share with you some ideas i have for the game ;)

1.I'm not the only one who want that , a personal house ! You can spend you cash for a little house , a big house , a metal , gold , wood house etc...

2.skins .I think skins are a good idea for the people who don't like the current weapon , the corrals , the ponds and all we have in the farm .

3. More inventory slots , i don't like to have only 4 slots , sometimes i can't get a slime or a plort cause i already have fruits or something else.

4.Vehicules .I know it's not easy to make in a game but it can be really cool to be faster on a zone or to the ranch .

Thank you for reading me , i repeat my english is not really good , tell me if it is bad or not ;)
Bonsoir
Rancher

Re: (sry if the english is bad) Ideas for spending cash

Postby Heather » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:08 am

#3 is my favorite, that's a great idea Image
Heather
Admin

Postby Wonda » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:19 am

Bonsoir wrote:1.I'm not the only one who want that , a personal house ! You can spend you cash for a little house , a big house , a metal , gold , wood house etc...

Seems pointless to have a house when you already have the sleeping... pod... thing. Although decorative upgrades would be neat.

Bonsoir wrote:2.skins .I think skins are a good idea for the people who don't like the current weapon , the corrals , the ponds and all we have in the farm .

I think this is a neat idea, but it seems like it'll take development time that could've been spent elsewhere.

Bonsoir wrote:3. More inventory slots , i don't like to have only 4 slots , sometimes i can't get a slime or a plort cause i already have fruits or something else.

I find a fun challenge in trying to balance my inventory between the four slots. Plus, there are silos, coops, and incinerators to assist in inventory management.

Bonsoir wrote:4.Vehicules .I know it's not easy to make in a game but it can be really cool to be faster on a zone or to the ranch .

This seems like the worst idea. Unless it is the exact size of the player, it'll be difficult to traverse anything, making it pointless to get one in the first place.
Three in a row, tic tac tarr!
Wonda
Rancher

Postby NekoSlime » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:10 pm

Extra VAC gun slots are basically a given at this point. It doesn't take much time playtesting to see that 4 isn't enough in the mid-game.

Earlier on, 4 slots is good (actually more than good) to teach people inventory management and whatnot. Like a guide to prevent people from biting off more than they can chew. But after a while, 4 just isn't enough.

More slots isn't an absolute necessity, you can play the game perfectly fine with 4 slots even in the late game, but having more would be a welcome convenience. For this reason, I think they shouldn't be priced too expensively. 250-300 per slot should keep it in line with other character upgrades and should deter people from getting it early on.

And I'm gonna have to disagree on the vehicles at least for now. It would be easier and more convenient for the developers to add upgrades that simply increase the speed of your sprint rather than designing and animating and bugfixing vehicles. It's a big thing. Maybe later on if we have very big maps, but that would most likely be very far down the road from here.

I also disagree on gun skins. This isn't Call of Duty :| However, I think you are on the right track when you mentioned corral skins. Maybe we can upgrade corrals with "biomes" that simulate the slime's natural habitat? If done correctly, it would increase the slimes' happiness (similar to the music) in addition to making them drop more plorts.
NekoSlime
Rancher

Postby WhiskeyKM » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:19 pm

I think there could be 2 extra slot upgrades, costing 1000 and 2000 respectively. I feel this would encourage ranchers to explore even more and bring more stuff to the ranch for each travel, although, as mentioned by NekoSlime, we can absolutely keep playing with 4 slots, but more of them would make it more comfortable to explore and gather resources.
WhiskeyKM
Plort

Return to General Discussion