First Post/New ideas!

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

First Post/New ideas!

Postby Kawai7 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:29 am

Okay so this is my first official post on any forum so this game is obviously very enjoyable to me and something to put on your wishlist. I was looking for a game both me and my girlfriend could enjoy and I think I finally found the one.

Some ideas/changes I had in mind. I have not read any of the previous posts so yes I might repeat some ideas. Sorry in advance.

1. In a way this game feels like the farming aspect of Minecraft, having to travel far for certain resources to get further into the game. Because of the long journey our inventories just get too full and we honestly need some more spots rather than just 4. Could we have the opportunity to buy or trade for more inventory slots?

2. In the starting area we are given 8 spots to create places for slimes/chickens/farms. One problem I had was the fact that they were a bit too close to each other. I had some of those red slimes that blow up in two of the containers next to each other and ended up dying almost instantly walking on the pathway. Sure, it was my fault for setting it up that way but it would be nice.

3. I am sure someone said this already but I will say it again.... It is very easy to obtain money. I set up the beginning area with 4 farms of lime trees and 4 cages of red mixed with honey plorts (10 each) or vice versa. Each irl day I could earn 100k or more if I chose to waste time and sell all the containers full of red and yellow plorts. I think the prices for the plorts are a good start but the upgrades and entrances to new places and habitats are way too cheap. Instead of readjusting the amount of plorts you earn in the market I would rather have the prices of the upgrades go up since I like seeing a big amount

4. As you progress in the days the rewards and missions should grow exponentially. Also, a time limit would be nice.

5. Use gold plorts to trade for things like 10 gold plorts for an extra inventory slot or better upgrades.

6. A sell all option would be great so people wont have to stand there shooting the same plort in the market 50 times.

7. The auto feeder uses up way too much food and I end up having to pick them all up so they don't rot.

8. In a few hours this game could be completed and then you are left doing the same routine. I respectively suggest to add more things to do.
-More random chance opportunities
-More experiments and transformations to the slimes instead of just tarr.
-Tarr is just annoying for just eating 2 different types of plorts.
-Mating slimes?
-Personal pets?
-I guess you could use the excess money on building a home or something.
-New equipment instead of just sucking and spitting out things.

9. More objectives/missions

10. More things like gordos where it requires alot of resources and money.

I know this game is an pre alpha so I do not expect immediate changes. This game has so much potential. Any game with a market and a way to farm your way into betting upgrades catches my eyes. If you have any comments or concerns reply back! Again, this is my first post and thanks!
Kawai7
Plort

Re: First Post/New ideas!

Postby Heather » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:13 am

Welcome to our community Image
Some excellent ideas for sure, it's exciting to see what the future holds Image
Heather
Admin

Postby NekoSlime » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:10 pm

A central theme of your post is "things need to be more expensive."

A lot of things were already increased in price in the last update. If they went any higher than they are now, it would heavily discourage people to progress through the game. Besides, making things more expensive is, after a certain point, one of the worst things you can do to try to extend the life of a game. Oftentimes it even backfires.

What we actually need is more ways to spend our money and/or different ways to use plorts. Maybe we could use a very easy and simplistic crafting system to combine plorts and use them to unlock certain character upgrades by mailing them to NPC's? Like maybe a scientist npc requires a Tabby + Pink + Boom crafted plort, then we mail it to the NPC and we get a rocket jump capability in the VAC gun.

And as for more upgrades, maybe we could add "biomes" to our corrals. These biomes would simulate the slimes' natural habitat. It would increase their happiness and also double the amount of plorts they drop (two for normal food, four for favorite food, doubled again of course if they are Largos). Speaking of happiness, it would be nice if it actually had an effect on the behavior of the slimes. Maybe it would effect how they interact with us? Maybe after slime-petting is implemented, perhaps they would have to be at a certain level of happiness in order to be petted. If they're not happy, they'd bite us instead. Unhappy slimes may also produce less plorts and make less cute sounds.

Overall, I just really wanted to let you know that increasing the prices of everything again is not a good idea.
NekoSlime
Rancher

Postby Kawai7 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:10 pm

Any game with money should have a goal (the highest upgrade) to obtain. This goal should not be obtained in a day which took me 10 in game days. I had 100,000 left over with no more upgrades to spend it on. Once you hit end game upgrades what else is there left to do? If I were a game maker I would increase the time it takes to make the players play longer. Just look at the game clash of clans. They prolong the game with timed upgrades and pretty expensive upgrades growing exponentially as you upgrade your (townhall). Look how many players stick to that game and it is just an iphone game lol.
Kawai7
Plort

Postby Pigcatapult » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:40 pm

Rrright now it's in pre-Alpha and content is limited? I think it's important to keep in mind that there is much more planned to go into the game. The final product will be longer and more interesting.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby Kawai7 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:42 pm

Of course that is the whole point I said its pre alpha so I don't expect immediate changes. And as all games go through this process I am sure it will be longer and obviously more interesting lol.
Kawai7
Plort

Postby Fruit » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:10 am

Kawai7 wrote:Any game with money should have a goal (the highest upgrade) to obtain. This goal should not be obtained in a day which took me 10 in game days. I had 100,000 left over with no more upgrades to spend it on. Once you hit end game upgrades what else is there left to do? If I were a game maker I would increase the time it takes to make the players play longer. Just look at the game clash of clans. They prolong the game with timed upgrades and pretty expensive upgrades growing exponentially as you upgrade your (townhall). Look how many players stick to that game and it is just an iphone game lol.
Clash of clans is the biggest scam to me. Making things take longer would be a poor excuse to extend playtime and wait around doing absolutely nothing, of cours unless you wanna pay for some gems to get THE BEST CLAN cough
Fruit
Rancher

Return to General Discussion