An Idea for A Slime Science Gadget

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

An Idea for A Slime Science Gadget

Postby AranaAGF » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:33 pm

There are a few things that bug me about Slime Rancher. Things such as: How did Hobson close the ancient slime gates after he left; how the heck did he get so many gold plorts; and other such things.

I've decided to think of a way Hobson got three vaults full of ten or more treasure pods with three or more gold plorts each.

I think it would make sense if he had some kind of slime science gadget to grow Gilded Gingers. It would only make sense, with all the spectacular inventions he has created. If this was a thing, we'd probably get it in the hardest to find vault, maybe in a hidden spot inside, in a treasure pod. What would it be made with, though? The information we have on Gilded Gingers does say that they are extremely hard to grow without certain minerals.

So, here's my recipe for a Gilded Ginger pot:

Gold plort
(maybe) Rock plort, Rad plort, Crystal plort, Boom plort, (Edit) Fire plort, or Mosaic plort
Indigoium
Silky Sand
Lava Dust
Strange Diamond
(maybe) some other things

Now, the reason I chose these things is because of a few reasons. Lava Dust, Strange Diamonds, and Indigoium could be used to mimic the minerals of the Glass Desert, and Silky Sand would be used to mimic the terrain. A Gold plort (or maybe more than one) could be used to, also, mimic the minerals.

What about the other plorts? Well, Rock and Crystal plorts could also be used as minerals, while Boom plorts could be used as fertilizer or to mimic fire storms. Rad plorts could be used to power a heat lamp that could mimic the heat of the desert sun. (Edit) Fire plorts could be used to heat up the sand and/or used to mimic fire storms. Mosaic plorts would be used to make miniature glass flame thingies.

Although, this recipe could be worked on a tad, adding in some other stuff.

Now, what could be the downsides of having this gadget? Yep, I've even thought of that!

One of the major downsides could be that you can only have one pot at one time, growing only one ginger at a time. The growing time could be a day or two, or even more. It would also affect the wild gingers growing. After all, you can only find a maximum of two Gilded Gingers a day, and one of them you have a 12 hour time limit to find because it popped out of the ground. With this Gilded Ginger pot, the effect could be that a ginger on the ranch could grow one day, and be harvested, while the next couple days could be wild gingers in the Glass Desert.

Plus, if you try to pick up the pot, you'd destroy it and have to build a new one, like teleporters.

And another major downside is that if a Pink Slime or any veggie eating slime escapes a pen, it would go straight for the pot if a Gilded Ginger is growing.

Heck, maybe the pot is like an extractor, and after a few growing cycles, it'll destroy itself, forcing you to make a new one if you want to keep growing!

But here could be a plus side: If you go to sleep with a harvest-able ginger, you could wake up to it missing, but there would be gold plorts around your pot. Heck, maybe even a Gold Slime is sitting there, not running away at first because it is happy enough to stay at the ranch, waiting for more gingers.

Of course, the slime would still run away if you spook it, such as vacing it or approaching it too fast, or hitting it in the face.

Would this be a good idea to you? I doubt it would actually be added, but it would be awesome!
Last edited by AranaAGF on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Murp!
AranaAGF
Chickadoo

Re: An Idea for A Slime Science Gadget

Postby Alexromeo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:57 pm

I love this idea!
It is Hobson, no Hecter
Alexromeo
Rancher

Postby Alexromeo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:58 pm

I love this idea!
He is Hobson, no Hecter!!!!
Alexromeo
Rancher

Postby AranaAGF » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:01 pm

Pfft woops, sorry for misnaming Hobson XD
Murp!
AranaAGF
Chickadoo

Postby Crafter1300 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:22 am

I think the idea is GREAT!!!!!
although you should put it in Slime Science
Crafter Out (This was written 4 years ago but I'll keep it)
Crafter1300
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:36 am

Crafter1300 wrote:I think the idea is GREAT!!!!!

There is no Slime Science forum. Technically it should be in Creative, but oh well.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:55 am

Nice idea!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby AranaAGF » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:08 pm

I'm sorry, I'm quite new here, just started yesterday. Should I copy it and put it in Creative? Or can a mod or someone high up move it if I ask?
Murp!
AranaAGF
Chickadoo

Postby Crafter1300 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:49 am

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:
Crafter1300 wrote:I think the idea is GREAT!!!!!

There is no Slime Science forum. Technically it should be in Creative, but oh well.

I meant Slime Design
Crafter Out (This was written 4 years ago but I'll keep it)
Crafter1300
Rancher

Postby AranaAGF » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:32 am

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:
Crafter1300 wrote:
I think the idea is GREAT!!!!!

I meant Slime Design

Pfft. It's OK!
Murp!
AranaAGF
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion