Development roadmap date request!

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Development roadmap date request!

Postby TheLevens » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:14 am

Plain and simple: that’s great that you have a roadmap, but could you please give us, your players and fan base, a date/timeframe/season/whatever for when these updates are planning to come out?

I know your staff and creators are limited, but it would be nice to have a time schedule of when we can expect an update!!!

I am currently bored with this game, I just need to work on getting 50k in the 5 day rush but after that, my Xbox one achievements are comepleted. My farm is self sustaining and I really don’t need to do anything else besides farm plorts and use my portals to get digger resources.

Advice for future updates: this game needs something to extend playability for end game players.

Thank you for your time, I really do love this game and I can’t wait for more.
Xbox1: The Levens
Watch me on Mixer if I’m on.
Day 300+
Z:28
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Re: Development roadmap date request!

Postby Java » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:08 pm

theyre working on extending playability and honestly they can't be expected to give a decent timeframe, it could take 2 weeks or 2 months. game creation is hard.
java/tira, he/him pronouns, panro-ace demiboy.

be gay, drink cider, break boundaries

"Patto hikatte saita, hanabi o miteta,
Kitto mada owaranai natsu ga!"
Java
Rancher

Postby Calydor » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:05 pm

Java wrote:theyre working on extending playability and honestly they can't be expected to give a decent timeframe, it could take 2 weeks or 2 months. game creation is hard.

I see this argument so many times and it drives me crazy.

D'you know what else is hard? Building a highway bridge. And you know what? They can predict how long it'll take almost down to the day.

No one says the guys at Monomi Park need to set a date in stone - but giving us an idea of which MONTH they're aiming for would be really, really nice. Like the OP, I can really only run around my ranch feeding and selling plorts for so long.
Calydor
Rancher

Postby duskflower » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Calydor wrote:
Java wrote:theyre working on extending playability and honestly they can't be expected to give a decent timeframe, it could take 2 weeks or 2 months. game creation is hard.

I see this argument so many times and it drives me crazy.

D'you know what else is hard? Building a highway bridge. And you know what? They can predict how long it'll take almost down to the day.

No one says the guys at Monomi Park need to set a date in stone - but giving us an idea of which MONTH they're aiming for would be really, really nice. Like the OP, I can really only run around my ranch feeding and selling plorts for so long.

Update-breaking glitches can sprout up out of the blue and take weeks to work on - it happens, and we don't want them to be rushed. Besides, they usually set a timeframe a week or two in advance anyway on their social media so it's not like you're entirely in the dark.

Until then, if you're bored with Slime Rancher, play another game. There's nothing that says Slime Rancher is the only game you ought to play. Read a book. Go for a walk. Whatever takes your mind off of it so you can be patient. Alternatively you can use the break and constant checking of their Twitter to hype up even more.

(Side-note: I used to be the person begging for release dates but, especially when they're delayed, I've learned that it's usually better and easier on the developers not to predict huge updates months in ahead and at times on the players. I honestly believe that if they believed it's the best thing they already would have put potential dates up).

Lastly, to OP, the entire point of these updates are to do just that - extend or otherwise add onto the game. It's out of early access but hardly done.
duskflower
Rancher

Return to General Discussion