Slime Idea: Garden Slime

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Slime Idea: Garden Slime

Postby Relentless » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:07 pm

Redirect: Slime Design
(Reason: I put this in the general discussion section, it's supposed to go to the slime design section)

The Garden Slime is encountered in the Moss Blanket, after your 50th Apiary has been through all of
its cycles. It appears to be a slime with 3 roses on its head and is a pine green color. Like the Gold Slime, a tune can be heard if a Garden Slime is encountered. However, unlike the Gold Slime, you may capture it.

The Garden Slime's favorite food is the Ivy Onion, a veggie that is sometimes harvested from an Oca Oca crop. Its distinct vine whip on the top of its head makes it stand out from the rest.

This slime can either be put into corrals or put near a garden. If put near a garden, you will receive notifications on your harvests. For example, if a garden's crops are all fully grown, a message pops up, reading:

Hurry up before we rot!

Some things to note when ranching the Garden Slime:
-Garden Slimes do not appreciate other slimes in their corral, other than their own. If they are exposed to a slime that is unlike their own, they will use a vine to grab the slime and throw it into another corral. This is important, because stray plorts could be in spare corrals, and if the slime is a largo, be prepared...

-Their favorite toys are... crates? That's right. Garden Slimes are fascinated by the precise manufacturing of wooden objects, despite the species being related to plants. The next time you encounter a crate, think about your actions: Should you break it or take it?

-No cuddle zone. Ranchers have reported that standing inside a Garden Slime's corral for more than 1 minute can lead to harmful effects, such as other slimes not accepting the food you're giving them (even if they're hungry), increased Tarr encounter expectations, and even death.

The diet of a Garden Slime isn't much. They only eat Crate Splinters (an uncommon drop from crates), Ivy Onions, Carrots, and Silver Parsnips. Plus, the only way to feed a Garden Slime is to position the meal near a Plort Collector. Scientists don't know why, but it's their "diet plan."

Now, the moment you've been waiting for: The Plorts. Garden Plorts are, well, plorts, with a few natural features on the top of the plort. The value of Garden Plorts can range from 40 to 164 Newbucks. Something important to note is that Garden Plorts, when consumed, instantly transform the consumer into a Tarr Slime, even if they're not a largo.

Overall, this elusive creature is both worth it, due to the great benefits that come with it, and risky, due to the "many" consequences that arrive if not properly cared for. That, or us ranchers don't have enough gardens.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my Slime Idea. Let me know on how you feel about it. Who knows? It might even be added.

I'll see you former ranchers later!
Last edited by Relentless on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The world's first unlicensed Slime Rancher community ideas writer. I display this title proudly - in front of my slimes.
Xbox One Gamertag: Omega1849

Look! An invite to the Slime Rancher Discord: https://discord.gg/bA3vArm
Relentless
Rancher

Re: Slime Idea: Garden Slime

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:50 pm

Nice idea, though I don't see the point. Put it in slime design.
aw frick
tyrantlemon55
Rancher

Postby Relentless » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Just realized that. Copying it over to the Slime Design Section.
The world's first unlicensed Slime Rancher community ideas writer. I display this title proudly - in front of my slimes.
Xbox One Gamertag: Omega1849

Look! An invite to the Slime Rancher Discord: https://discord.gg/bA3vArm
Relentless
Rancher

Postby Dragonslime » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:57 am

CAN U STOP painfree

these bots are everywhere
The rare but elusive dragon slime

255 limit sucks
I am multitude of things
Rancher
Explorer deluxe
Half time terrarian
Half time inventor
Full time toa hero
1/4 book writer
Dragonslime
Rancher

Postby Raxel920 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:50 am

Why are you advertising that on a kid-friendly forum...? I hate bots.
Raxel920
Rancher

Postby Dragonslime » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:42 am

can some one ban this user

Painfree
The rare but elusive dragon slime

255 limit sucks
I am multitude of things
Rancher
Explorer deluxe
Half time terrarian