Mood-ring pinks

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Mood-ring pinks

Postby kookeekwisp » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:55 am

I had this idea that would make it so much easier for beginner ranchers. Instead of only telling a slime's mood from their expression & keeping pink largos useless 'cause of their basic palette/cheap plorts, give them more telltale signs if they can eat, or are hungry, starving, famished or agitated

Basically, the pink gets a bit hotter the more the slime is hungry, with hot being famished, and agitated being a lightish red.
kookeekwisp
Rancher

Re: Mood-ring pinks

Postby kookeekwisp » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:55 pm

Any thoughts?
kookeekwisp
Rancher

Postby ArannRules » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:20 am

I like this but it could be improved. Instead of having loads of different animations, there plorts could increase/decrease in value and color. like if its starving and it gets food its plort would be a dark color and be worth less
*clears throat* The Emoji Movie was an inside job..

DoNt AsK, jUsT wAtCh

Font Colour is to confusing
ArannRules
Rancher

Postby Calydor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:58 am

That would instantly break the plort collector in the corrals, and potentially create a Tarr problem just because you were a bit late with lunch.
Calydor
Rancher

Postby kookeekwisp » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:08 am

Calydor wrote:That would instantly break the plort collector in the corrals, and potentially create a Tarr problem just because you were a bit late with lunch.

How would different color plorts or hunger detection cause a Tarr problem???
It doesnt matter how hungry a slime is, the plort they produce won't magically become one of a different species. I mean, it's not like you can make a Pink/Dark-Pink slime hybrid.

I agree that colored plorts would break the market & collector mechanics.
kookeekwisp
Rancher

Return to General Discussion