slime rancher taking a long time to load

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

slime rancher taking a long time to load

Postby zm78 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:45 pm

So today like other days since the slime rancher 1.0.1e update I'v been walking round the house waiting for it to load. It first shows the monomi park label then spends 3 minutes to load on the splash screen,
The i can finally load my game... but that takes 2 minutes to load and has a %50 chance of showing a code error with no detail whatsoever. I am running a desktop pc about 5 months old and it is about between the lowest and recommended stats. It can run about the default setting on the game,
operating system: Ubuntu latest version(on steam app).
Last edited by zm78 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Those ears, That coin, That wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
zm78
Rancher

Re: slime rancher taking a long time to load

Postby zm78 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:47 pm

Oh just hang on a second! It's working fine now?!
zm78
Rancher

Re: [fixed]slime rancher taking a long time to load[ignore]

Postby Calydor » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:21 am

I'm experiencing something similar, though not nearly as bad. After a few seconds when loading the game the bouncing slime in the corner will stand still until the load is done, alt-tabbing keeps Slime Rancher in the foreground, and the game window generally feels like it's a moment away from giving a blue screen of death. This behavior started after 1.0.0c, if I'm not mistaken.
Calydor
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:47 am

Calydor wrote:I'm experiencing something similar, though not nearly as bad. After a few seconds when loading the game the bouncing slime in the corner will stand still until the load is done, alt-tabbing keeps Slime Rancher in the foreground, and the game window generally feels like it's a moment away from giving a blue screen of death. This behavior started after 1.0.0c, if I'm not mistaken.

That happens to me every time. Just ignore it.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby Calydor » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:20 am

'Just ignore it' is like the worst possible response to a bug report. Though it does remind me of my Wildstar Beta days: "RAMO - Report and move on."
Calydor
Rancher

Postby zm78 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:33 pm

Calydor wrote:'Just ignore it' is like the worst possible response to a bug report. Though it does remind me of my Wildstar Beta days: "RAMO - Report and move on."

i know but for some reason it only happens %50 of the time and now it has stopped for a day,
still I'v removed the ignore and fixed bits and they a very bad choice to put them on anyway.
zm78
Rancher

Return to General Discussion