So hear me out on this: survival mode

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

So hear me out on this: survival mode

Postby ChrisTheHyena » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:16 am

I originally posted this to the slime rancher subreddit, but feel like it would be better to put it here, too. I've copied it exactly as it was there.

Now, this game certainly isn't an action game, but i feel like it has the capacity to have an action-y mode. We have many abilities and items at our disposal for repelling slimes/fighting tarr: vaccing them in and shooting them into water, the pulse upgrade, water tank, hydro turrets, etc. Just brainstorming here but it could be some set-up such as:

[Vague Rancher McGee] had a catastrophic failure at his ranch and now has a unstoppable infestation of tarr. Beatrix being the adventurous gal that she is decides to lend a hand, working through his sprawling ranch clearing tarr as she goes. (This would be a set, linear mission, with a limited amount of tarr and an objective to work towards. There could be different ranchers that require your help at times, each giving different rewards.)

or perhaps

"Greetings from the 7Zee corporation, rancher. Due to a recent complication with our market warps, a large number of plorts have been dumped into a heavily populated area of slimes. This incident resulted in a massive amount of largos, and promptly, tarr. Though we've managed to contain all of them, we've decided to compensate the ranchers for their lost plorts by paying them to help exterminate these large numbers of tarr. We've established a controlled environment and will provide resources to assist you. The more tarr you are able to exterminate on your own, the more handsomely you will be rewarded! We've already installed a warp outside of your house which leads to our containment zone. If you choose to participate simply step through the warp and choose one of the designated areas to begin." (This is my main idea. This would basically be an arena/survival mode, with endless waves of tarr and growing rewards as you progress through waves. More abilities would be accessable as you progress as well, such as a higher tank capacity, the pulse, being able to place hydro turrets around the arena, or building a healing pad.)

I've thought about this for a while and decided to see what others thought. I'm sure other people have had similar ideas to this before, if so feel free to tell me, or perhaps share your own ideas for something like this!
ChrisTheHyena
Plort

Re: So hear me out on this: survival mode

Postby JasontheBasin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:40 pm

neat
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Re: So hear me out on this: survival mode

Postby fivehead » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:45 pm

Hmm... I like it, but I feel like Monomi Park wouldn't be willing to do that just because it's pretty different from what the rest of the game has been so far. I like it though. Maybe something like it will come up in the future. I have been looking forward to more challenges in the game. Right now I'm looking forward to Iron Rancher mode in 1.3
fivehead
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion