[Suggestion] Slime Competitions & a Special Slime...

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Suggestion] Slime Competitions & a Special Slime...

Postby CommanderyPerson » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:37 am

Howdy! ^_^

Me and a friend have been discussing new types of activities a player can participate in after reaching end-game. Mainly, the idea of Slime competitions! :D

It would be rather fun, we think, if it was possible to breed certain traits in some slimes that would allow them to to partake in and excel in competitions between other slimes, such as:

1. Slime Racing! This would allow you to enter a particular slime into a race versus other slimes, with the winner receiving varying prizes. Different breeds of slime could have different traits that would aid or hinder them during a race.

2. Slime Towers! A competition to see who's slimes can form the tallest tower together, again with different breeds having various traits that can affect this.

Those are the only contest ideas we've come up with so far, but I welcome anyone else's ideas that that they can think up as well! ^.^

P.S. bit of an off topic request, but would it be possible to add in somewhere a cat slime called Fredrick, that has a particular tendency to boop the player? :)
CommanderyPerson
Plort

Re: [Suggestion] Slime Competitions & a Special Slime...

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:25 am

Nice ideas!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Twerps3 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:01 am

sounds just like the fun, silly thing slime rancher would have!
Hi

- SECRET!
Twerps3
Rancher

Postby Calydor » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:13 am

CommanderyPerson wrote:P.S. bit of an off topic request, but would it be possible to add in somewhere a cat slime called Fredrick, that has a particular tendency to boop the player? :)

I would prefer a system to name specific slimes yourself - we don't all have cats named Fredrick! Although I did have one named Frederik many years ago.
Calydor
Rancher

Postby fivehead » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:51 pm

Yeah, slime naming would be a cool feature, although it would make them hard to part with if you ever needed to ;-;.

I sort of like the idea of slime competitions. It reminds me of those pokemon games where you could enter your pokemon in shows and make poffins when you were tired of battling. Could be interesting in the future.
fivehead
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion