Excessive leftover food since patch?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Excessive leftover food since patch?

Postby typheous82 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:38 am

Anyone else noticing an excess of leftover food since patch. I didn't see anything in the patch notes about any changes to the auto feeder or slime food consumption rates. However, I've been noticing an excess of leftover food in corrals. I tend to keep 8-10 Largos in each fully upgraded corral and keep the feeder at the lowest setting. I've had to fish out up to 20 pieces of food out of the corrals after about 3 day cycles. Was just wondering if others had experienced something similar.
typheous82
Plort

Re: Excessive leftover food since patch?

Postby SnailsAttack » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:01 pm

I've also starting to have food pile up like crazy. Probably cuz of the infinite crop cycles, which means I never forget to replant food or die and have them all rot.

Just add a few more largos to each pen and make an extra corral for a load of mosaic-dervish largos to eat all your excess foodstuffs.
Last edited by SnailsAttack on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Postby akkamaddi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:38 pm

I'll step into this one...

Since the patch, my rad slimes are... listless. Quantum slimes don't seem to see food unless you are nearby. Rad slimes are more, well, inert, until I get close and peg one upside the head with a carrot. Otherwise, they all drift back to the same places in the corral and just sit there until I personally throw food at them.

My rad slimes are right next to my crystal slimes, and my rad slimes seem to eat only about 75% of the amount of food as my crystal slimes, even though I have 2 or 3 more rad slimes.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby z0mbiesrock » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:56 am

Whenever I'm exploring for several days, when I return to check my Mosaic Tangle Largos, the Auto-Feeder dumps all of the food into the corral. It's as if it "remembers" how many times it's supposed to activate, but doesn't actually activate until you actually get to the corral. Then it activates all the times it "remembered" to activate.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Return to General Discussion