[Suggestion] Player Movement/Ability Changes

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Suggestion] Player Movement/Ability Changes

Postby CaptainFelafel » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:04 am

After seeing this game for the first time last night, I immediately jumped onto Steam to grab the Early Access build. After spending a few hours with it I've got a few suggestions regarding player movement and abilities. If these have been brought up before, my apologies.

• Retain Momentum while Jumping: One of the first things that I noticed while playing was that while sprinting and jumping both feel great on their own, when you attempt to jump while sprinting, the game does not retain your sense of forward momentum once the jump is initiated. It isn't a great feeling and I'd very much like to see your momentum maintained through the jump.

• Increase the Slot Limit: Whether it's on by default or an upgrade you must purchase down the line, the ability to go over your item/slime limit if you have an empty slot seems like a no-brainer. If I've got a slot completely full of carrots, but my other 3 slots are empty, it should start to fill up the other slots when I pick up more carrots.

• Selective Vacuum: Finally, this is something that feels like it's in the game already and is just eluding me. The inability to have a separate mode for only sucking up non-slime objects makes picking up Plorts kind of a chore, as I don't always want to suck up a bunch of slimes at the same time. This could easily be bound to the Shift key: just hold down Shift to suck up everything but slimes.

Once again, apologies if these have been covered before. Literally just picked up the game a few hours ago. I'm very much enjoying what I've played and look forward to following its development.
CaptainFelafel
Plort

Re: [Suggestion] Player Movement/Ability Changes

Postby z0mbiesrock » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:19 am

Let's not forget crouching. I have experience why that should be added:Click the image if it's too big.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Return to General Discussion