Postby Kiba » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:33 pm

Okay guys
Seriously
You guys
You guys, seriously
Guys stop for a second and hold on
Seriously guys, listen

Okay...

Slime.. mounts. An upgradable, rideable slime that bounces or oozes along with you on top of it (or inside it even! who knows!?) that you can make a special solo corral for and buy toys and special food to raise its happiness levels and efficiency and even its appearance if you find certain stuff to change that. Maybe it could be adaptive, feed it plorts to change its features and abilities! Want it to jump really high? Tabby plort. Give it the bash ability? Rock plort! Want it to just be FABULOUS? There's the gold plort, my friend.

How about it? Huh? Huuuuuuh? :D
Last edited by Kiba on Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiba
Rancher

Sounds legit.

Postby Hexlash » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:20 am

I'm all for that! Now how would they make it... (And the real question is what would this add to the game? It would make it fun, but in terms of gameplay, what more could you achieve with it?)
Hexlash
Rancher

Re: Okay now hear me out

Postby Kiba » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:49 am

Maybe by riding inside it, you can travel through the Slime Sea! Or get through other otherwise inaccessible areas?
Kiba
Rancher

Postby AutofireII » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:25 pm

This is...uh...okay? I don't see the point, unless you add some sort of combat system or something like that. But Slime Rancher strikes me as a fairly peaceful game, and having combat would feel oddly out of place.

Idk...sounds kind of like the whole dual wielding thing in Spiral Knights. For some reason everyone really wanted to able to dual wield...makes no sense.

In theory you could jump off a slime while its in the air, kinda like jumping off Yoshi in Mario games. That might be fun...maybe.
You are experiencing a PICNIC ERROR!
AutofireII
Chickadoo

Postby Kiba » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:08 pm

I was thinking like perhaps a dangerous, dry desert that you can't traverse without maybe a well-hydrated puddle slime by your side. Or maybe a huge chasm that would be impossible to make across if you don't have a slime that can make the jump with you. Or one that you can wear like a helmet to breathe underwater.
Kiba
Rancher

Postby ZeakStarwind » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:43 pm

Slime mounts is a neat idea, but sounds more like something would be used in a minigame since Beatrix already has a useful jetpack to fly around after you make upgrades. What I could see come into play is having a slime companion after achieving a certain progression with the slimes you raise in your corral. Maybe then it can tag along and provide certain benefits to specific areas with controlling commands for tight spots,say...secrets areas that are hidden and too small to fit by yourself to activate switches?

Then again...you would still have to hope it doesn't get hungry and trying to eat any plorts along the ways if it's just following you...which you'll end up with a tar buddy that just accomplished nothing but destruction to other slimes. If possible, when you meet said criteria for the slime you raised and whatever stats it receives would be kept while keeping it in your Vac. That I could probably see being done, but still with command features after telling the little slime what to do for situations Beatrix can't do by herself after releasing the slime out of your Vac.
I choose my own path...Destiny is not of virtue. Also...Lizards...
ZeakStarwind
Chickadoo

Postby JustTheCoolDude » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:40 am

ZeakStarwind wrote: Maybe then it can tag along and provide certain benefits to specific areas with controlling commands for tight spots,say...secrets areas that are hidden and too small to fit by yourself to activate switches?

I Honestly don't think commands are the way to go. Really hard to implement and veeery buggy.
I guess as a mount/pet it would work but again it has to be able to follow you; Carrying it in your vacpac is not a good solution.

I dunno about this but as a mount it would work only if the jetpack was gone(or extremely downgraded/horizontal only?)
And like AutofireII said. without removing or adding some other gameplay element it wouldn't work, there's no point.

Doesn't mean i don't like the idea, but it will be hard to implement. For now anyways.
/\ May or may not actually be "cool" :L
JustTheCoolDude
Plort

Return to General Discussion