How to get good prices for your plorts?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

How to get good prices for your plorts?

Postby fivehead » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:27 am

So, I'm a good amount into the game right now, and I have a good amount of unique slimes in my ranch. The problem is, because I'm steadily selling all these plorts, the prices are going down, and most plorts are at least 30% cheaper than they started at. Even quantam plorts dropped from about 100 to 50 a day after selling a few. It's kind of okay, because I still have a good quantity of slimes that I can make a good profit with, but I'd like to be making some more money as well. Any tips?
fivehead
Chickadoo

Re: How to get good prices for your plorts?

Postby Twerps3 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:42 am

get a silo near the plort market and wait for the day the plort prices are good, at least thats what I do.
Hi

- SECRET!
Twerps3
Rancher

Postby SnailsAttack » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:58 am

It gets more balanced out once you have a steady supply of every type of plort.
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Postby Hatch » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:33 am

Fluctuating doesn't have to mean don't sell and shouldn't.
Constant money flow > Timed profit
There is no amount of price differences to make the market value matter enough to not sell everything constantly and maintain the cash flow. They don't fluctuate high enough for it to matter.
I have 9 million plorts and have never cared what the plort value was...
1. Amount of slimes fav food x amount of slime x 2 = Fluctuation market values are worthless
2. Gold plorts really aren't worth going to get unless you find them on the way to something.
3. Mint Mangos + Honey/??? = Still better money than the other stuffs early game and late game.
4. If you flood a market and your price drop 20% who cares, you're getting that amount of money at a constant rate and your cash flow is increasing now. Not later.
5. 100 plorts selling for 55 = 5500 ; but if you wait, that 100 @55 is now 100@70 = 7000 plorts!?!?!
Yeah, but in the time that took, you could have sold 1000 plorts @ 55 for 55000 but you waited... for 7000? 55000-7000=48000 newbucks you didn't make right then and there.
12 year computer technician who is always glad to help ;)
Hatch
Rancher

Return to General Discussion