Saber(tooth) Slimes

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Saber(tooth) Slimes

Postby RowletAlex » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:52 am

Ok, so I'm really excited for the wilds update, and since its not coming out for a while, I thought I might give some tips to monomi park (and share some knowledge about the saber slime's real life counterpart) I'm not a game developer myself, but I am a nerd for all things prehistoric, and I love the idea of a prehistoric species of slime that still lives on in one remote corner of the world. It's pretty obvious that the saber slime is based off of Smilodon, the saber toothed cat. (They are actually only distantly related to tigers and other big cats, so saber toothed tiger is a misnomer) Now, I thought I might let you know, the word saber actually refers to a type of sword, and a saber slime would likely be just based off of the sword itself. Since smilodon got its name from its saber like teeth, a better name for this slime would obviously be the Sabertooth Slime, or Hydrosmilodon Feliformis (Cat-like Watery Knife-tooth) Thanks for reading, whether or not you work at monomi park!

P.S. Have you ever heard of the Sabertooth Salmon? It was a giant species of salmon with extra large canine teeth, and it grew to be 9 feet long! When it was first discovered, it was actually given its own genus, Smilodonichthys, and was eventually reclassified to Oncorhyncus, the genus all living pacific salmon, and the rainbow trout, belong to.
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

All ur chikkins r belong to bOB

“Oh give me a home, where the tree-foxes roam...”
RowletAlex
Rancher

Re: Saber(tooth) Slimes

Postby Twerps3 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:16 am

I am but a simple man, I want a giant fish in slime rancher
because subnautica doesn't have enough...
Hi

- SECRET!
Twerps3
Rancher

Postby CrookHookGames » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:16 am

cool!!
For every pioneer on every new frontier:
Be brave.
Be bold.
And stay wiggly
CrookHookGames
Rancher

Postby zeusdemigod131 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:38 am

It would give something to use the pond for (now that you've have the natural one on the docks)
zeusdemigod131
Chickadoo

Postby fivehead » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:42 am

Ooh... Maybe if we got a bear slime or something? Plus I suppose fish could count as meat so you could feed them to tabbies, etc.
fivehead
Chickadoo

Postby RowletAlex » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:19 am

Ok, I have officially decided to make a whole zone for this. I have to think of two other slimes, but this will be a unique take on the snow biome zone, called the Yukon Creek. Some kind of cartoony sabertooth salmon will be one of the new food items. Sabertooth slime fossils will be a slime science resource, maybe with a favorite food you can resurrect with slime science to capture a Sabertooth Gordo, and get pure Sabertooth Slimes.
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

All ur chikkins r belong to bOB

“Oh give me a home, where the tree-foxes roam...”
RowletAlex
Rancher

Postby SlimeingSlimer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:22 pm

Or maybe a lot of different types of fish like how henhens are. We could have like tipped troat (sideways) or frightened flounder (has worried expression).
Be bold
Be brave
And of course
Above all
Stay wiggly
SlimeingSlimer
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion