What do you think about the game's release & 1.01 update!

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

What do you think about the game's release & 1.01 update!

Postby Tron » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:15 pm

Hey Everyone.

I am So excited that slime rancher has been released. Congrats and kudos to the Slime rancher team for making this happen, you deserve all the credit you can get. Now to the point. What do you think about Slimerancher, its official release, version 1.01, or the game in general. Is it too much? Too little? What does it need? What's gotta go? Is there a feature that you are begging for the devs to add? perhaps its a new area/slime/resource/feature/Upgrade. Please Post your feedback.

My Opinion

I think Slime rancher is a fresh idea for a game that has worked great. There were times where I did not feel so keen on new updates and there were times that I loved it. The exploration aspect proves that this game is much more than your old farming simulator. The idea that you are a slime rancher on a range which is on an alien planet far far away from earth adds it own charm .You get the feeling of human Isolation which fits well and feels necessary or else it might feel to like rpg roleplay of sorts which wouldn't feel right. The slimes makes it a super fun and addicting game filled with it's own silly humor d: . The biomes are creatively diverse and beatifully made except for the glass dessert for me it just seems a bit bland and uniform even after you've done all you could do to change it. One of my favorite parts about this game. The map feature is incredibly useful as many players were requesting it. My only suggestion is for there to be a placable beacon crafted via slime science and to be able to place like any slime scince object and for you to be able to choose from a list of preset symbols/picturesand givethe beacon a name/title which you would be able to see on it if you view your map .The games economy system is good and stable untill the point where you have unlocked all upgrades and lots and the only thing left are the house upgrades. This leads me to my biggest critique (probably spelled that wrong). I think that the house upgrades must be toggable. The player does not know how that house upgrade might look until they see it for themselves and if they do not like it or prefer the other one then there must be a way to toggle it off or something of the sorts. That's all the feedback I have for right now Ill post some more on this post or another one. Thanks for reading and remember to post your own feedback down below! :)
Heres a though you're reading this And of ALL the places to be in the universe of all the things to do in the universe AND of ALL the times you couldve Existed in the spacetime continuum youre reading this virtual block of text.Pretty amazing huh?
Tron
Rancher

Return to General Discussion