Reduced jetpack height trapping me and forcing death/recall

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Reduced jetpack height trapping me and forcing death/recall

Postby makana » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:51 pm

I just started playing again with the 1.0.x update after not having played a lot in recent months and it seems to me that the jetpack height has been reduced. By that I mean that I can't get as high in a full energy bar's worth of jetpacking.
As a means of proof that I think it used to be higher, there is an area in the glass desert where I got trapped because I couldn't jetpack out of it. This area is located right before the second door in the glass desert. I believe that when it was first designed it was possible to escape, but then the jetpack height got tweaked and this area becomes a trap. Given that there is a treasure pod in this area, I doubt that it was intended to be a trap.
I'm linking two clips from my playthrough to demonstrate the impossibility of escaping this area.
Part 1: https://clips.twitch.tv/CautiousBlindingDootEleGiggle
Part 2: https://clips.twitch.tv/RelievedNaiveHeronNotATK

Is this an issue with the jetpack? With the area? Please advise.
makana
Plort

Re: Reduced jetpack height trapping me and forcing death/rec

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:07 pm

while that area is a bit tricky to get out of, it is certainly possible. though much easier after activating the oasis there. you need to fly over to the pillar with the open sand sea behind it, work your way up the thin ledges, then hover back to the main platform aiming for the brick that's out a bit further than the rest. with the oasis in effect, the tower gets a couple trees that makes the process much easier.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Return to General Discussion