Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Postby Diablomaster761 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:50 am

Where is the update for xbox?
Im just some guy on the internet who has been playing slime rancher since about january 2017
Diablomaster761
Rancher

Re: 1.0.1

Postby SnailsAttack » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:15 am

oh my god the previous 2 threads are exactly the same as yours for crisake

SOON

EDIT : wait you even made two of these threads despite the fact that everyone already told you the answer
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:34 am

JUST
WAIT
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby Calydor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:23 am

The problem is that each patch being pushed out on XBox requires certification, and Microsoft doesn't do that for free. So if you want each incremental little bug fix, you want the developer to go broke. Just wait until they're happy with the little fixes, like making sure Glass Desert doesn't get reset and the new toy for Fire Slimes is actually fireproof.
Calydor
Rancher

Postby Maria » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:23 pm

TheGreciansHousehold, SnailsAttack, please play nice. It's a legit question.

Xbox updates are sent out pretty much at the same time the regular clients get updated. But as Calydor points out the Xbox updates need to go through a certification process, which usually delays those updates for a few days. We'd like to, but can't really give exact dates for when the Xbox update will go live. It's usually a few days after the regular client ones are applied.
Maria
Admin

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:27 pm

Maria wrote:TheGreciansHousehold, SnailsAttack, please play nice. It's a legit question.

Xbox updates are sent out pretty much at the same time the regular clients get updated. But as Calydor points out the Xbox updates need to go through a certification process, which usually delays those updates for a few days. We'd like to, but can't really give exact dates for when the Xbox update will go live. It's usually a few days after the regular client ones are applied.

Thank you Maria. I will note, however, that my aggrivation was mainly due to the abundance of this question.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby Diablomaster761 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:05 pm

Maria wrote:TheGreciansHousehold, SnailsAttack, please play nice. It's a legit question.

If most people answered like this then people would actually get answers than a bunch of people raging. I didnt know that it cost money for a company to put updates on xbox, now i know.
Im just some guy on the internet who has been playing slime rancher since about january 2017
Diablomaster761
Rancher

Postby Sting2saw » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:16 am

Diablomaster761 wrote:

If most people answered like this then people would actually get answers than a bunch of people raging. I didnt know that it cost money for a company to put updates on xbox, now i know.

Nick wrote:The cert process on Xbox no longer costs developers anything. They changed that some time ago iirc.

We're still just waiting to hear back as of this post date. Hope it's soon.
Sting2saw
Plort

Postby fivehead » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:45 pm

Out of curiosity, how much approximately does it cost for certification?
fivehead
Chickadoo

Postby SnailsAttack » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:05 pm

fivehead wrote:Out of curiosity, how much approximately does it cost for certification?

It's free now.
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Postby fivehead » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:11 am

Oops, I missed that message. My bad! Still good to hear though.
fivehead
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion