Suggestion: Multiplayer

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Suggestion: Multiplayer

Postby ChasingDoubts » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:02 am

So I get there may not be multiplayer for reasons, such as the game would be too easy, it would go too fast, etc. But I think maybe things could be adjusted specifically for multiplayer? So that way, we can play with friends, or just show off what we've done so far!

If multiplayer were to be added, maybe so it doesn't go too fast or end up being too easy, prices on plorts could go down and plorts could take longer to get, like the slimes will take longer to be hungry again. Or instead of that, prices to buy things could be doubled so you still have to work to get stuff, but you'd be working with your friend or partner?

Again, I get it if there's reasons multiplayer can't exist, but I thought I'd maybe suggest this :) my friend and I were really hoping there'd been multi, and there wasn't, so I just decided to post in the forums and see if it's possible or not.
ChasingDoubts
Plort

Re: Suggestion: Multiplayer

Postby Calydor » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:21 am

The reason multiplayer isn't an option is not because of ease (because let's face it, the game is easy as it is and is supposed to be easy), but because the physics calculations would be near impossible to synchronize properly.
Calydor
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:33 am

My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Java » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:49 am

Oh for hecks sake its in the faq >.<
java/tira, he/him pronouns, panro-ace demiboy.

be gay, drink cider, break boundaries

"Patto hikatte saita, hanabi o miteta,
Kitto mada owaranai natsu ga!"
Java
Rancher

Return to General Discussion