Suggestions: Character Customization & Companion DLC

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Suggestions: Character Customization & Companion DLC

Postby Astranon » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:30 am

Hello Developers,

First, let me say that I feel your game is a lot of fun. The aesthetics are great as well! Exploration and collecting/melding slimes are both very enjoyable endeavors. That said, I feel there are a few things that could be added to make this already enjoyable game even better:

1. Customization of the main character's appearance would allow players to identify with Beatrix on a more personal level. It would be great if players were given the option of choosing a hair style, outfit, and color palette.

2. I would gladly pay for a DLC that enabled players to designate one or more slimes as companions. This might allow the player to name that slime, play mini-games with it to increase a happiness meter, and take it along when exploring.

...Given the comments some players have made via the Steam forum, I know that these two features would be very well received. I do hope you take them into consideration.

Thank you for listening!
Astranon
Plort

Re: Suggestions: Character Customization & Companion DLC

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:01 am

1. I rather dislike this idea. The whole point of any character is to have a recognisable look - why would you want to customise Beatrix? Do you feel the need to customize Mario or Kirby?

2. This is suggested a lot, and I'm rather neutral about the idea - it wouldn't really add much. Then again, it wouldn't take away anything either.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Re: Suggestions: Character Customization & Companion DLC

Postby Astranon » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:34 am

TheGreciansHousehold,

As stated in the original post, the reason for customization of the main character would be to "allow players to identify with Beatrix on a more personal level." And, while they have their defaults, neither Mario nor Kirby has ever been restricted to a single look. Change of appearance keeps things fresh and interesting, after all.
Astranon
Plort

Return to General Discussion