[English not really good sry]Too much money $$$$

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[English not really good sry]Too much money $$$$

Postby Bonsoir » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:46 am

Hello , i just wanted to know if the game is not too easy for now , atm i got 85k for 1 day ! What i will do with this money ? Do you will fix that or something else ?
Bonsoir
Rancher

Re: [English not really good sry]Too much money $$$$

Postby SerSquidd » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:01 am

Assuming you mean 1 Day as in IN-GAME days,

Care to explain the method? Because I feel like that'd be a balancing concern/bug.
Rock Slimes just want to hug you! LET THEM HUG YOU, YOU MONSTER.
SerSquidd
Rancher

Postby Arkelia » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:04 am

I would rather assume it's 1 day IRL :p

To answer : what to do ?
Well, the usual feed your slime, raise your chickens, grow your fruits and vegetables. Not much else to do. I have over than 200k and still playing... Because it's too much cute and fun T_T
Help me !
Arkelia
Chickadoo

Postby Cherriey » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:14 am

I am still waiting for more space in the ranch so I can collect and display my favorite largos.
Cherriey
Rancher

Postby Bonsoir » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:44 am

When i say 1 day its 12h - 17h
Bonsoir
Rancher

Postby SerSquidd » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:38 am

Okay yeah that makes sense. Thats not too hard really :P
Rock Slimes just want to hug you! LET THEM HUG YOU, YOU MONSTER.
SerSquidd
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:44 am

The game doesn't have much in the way of money sinks after a certain point. I'm sure more will show up as updates roll in, though!
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby Arkelia » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:11 pm

I would love to have a real 3D house where I can roam and spend money to decorate...
And have a tamed slime that I would train for a beauty contest (or else xD) !
Arkelia
Chickadoo

Postby FoxLocks » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:13 pm

The game is in prealpha, you have to understand that. There is not a lot to spend money on besides two expansions and upgrading some plots and items. The devs will come out with new ways to spend your hard earned cash, don't you worry. I have a lot sitting around too.
Honey Boom are the best <3
FoxLocks
Chickadoo

Postby Bonsoir » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:36 pm

The 3D house is a great idea !
Bonsoir
Rancher

Postby Souldrake » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:32 pm

FoxLocks wrote:The game is in prealpha, you have to understand that. There is not a lot to spend money on besides two expansions and upgrading some plots and items. The devs will come out with new ways to spend your hard earned cash, don't you worry. I have a lot sitting around too.

Right now all the devs have done is increase prices of the expansion areas and corral expansions mainly as a bandaid fix to posts such as this one. The problem, yes, is that people don't have anything to spend money on, but it's also because all we can do with plorts is sell them. We need attractive alternatives to selling plorts, and there have been tons of suggestions on that matter.

I am concerned for the moment that the devs are knee-jerk responding to this problem without thinking about the long term solution.
Souldrake
Chickadoo

Postby Nick » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:42 pm

It was not a knee-jerk response to players feeling they needed more money sinks. It was an adjustment to the cost of most of the items in the game; something that will continue to happen, likely every update, for a long time before we settle on prices that feel right.
Nick
Developer

Postby FoxLocks » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:07 pm

Nick wrote:It was not a knee-jerk response to players feeling they needed more money sinks. It was an adjustment to the cost of most of the items in the game; something that will continue to happen, likely every update, for a long time before we settle on prices that feel right.

This. The cost of expansions was WAYYYYYY too low, and they knew that. Early game you can farm 1000 plort a day easily just by running around and picking up wild pink and tabby plort. I'm sure the prices will go even higher. I'm sure there will be changes to different upgrade costs as well, such as vac upgrades or pen upgrades, etc.
Honey Boom are the best <3
FoxLocks
Chickadoo

Postby Souldrake » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:32 pm

FoxLocks wrote:
Nick wrote:It was not a knee-jerk response to players feeling they needed more money sinks. It was an adjustment to the cost of most of the items in the game; something that will continue to happen, likely every update, for a long time before we settle on prices that feel right.

This. The cost of expansions was WAYYYYYY too low, and they knew that. Early game you can farm 1000 plort a day easily just by running around and picking up wild pink and tabby plort. I'm sure the prices will go even higher. I'm sure there will be changes to different upgrade costs as well, such as vac upgrades or pen upgrades, etc.

Oh, I agree the cost of expansions could even be more than current prices and that would not be considered unreasonable. My concern is that right now there is nothing else to do, so if you change and base prices upon that, you are going to overprice new items that are added to the game too, at least I feel that is a real danger. I just feel it would be a lot better to try to add other facets to the game to take plorts especially out of "circulation", if you will, before adjusting prices too much.

Farming hundreds or thousands of pink plorts and stuff right outside your ranch is easy, sure, but is that really all you want players to be doing? Shouldn't we be setting up basic corrals and such like that quickly then exploring and doing other things in the world? A lot of people are looking forward to doing things with plorts and slime science and stuff like that, myself included, couldn't these just as easily be money sinks? With the market system how it is (don't get me wrong now, I agree that flooding the market should make the prices plummet) raising the price just encourages more and more plort farming to get cash to buy stuff to grind more plorts and I guess I'm just anxious because the game has a lot of potential for things other than that.
Souldrake
Chickadoo

English not really good sryToo much money

Postby MargiePaH » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:23 am

Glad those owners were able to the players to take less money in that last CBA. Otherwise I just dont think the NFL would have made it
MargiePaH
Plort

Return to General Discussion