Glass Desert without a key - is it possible?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Glass Desert without a key - is it possible?

Postby TiamatXIII » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:35 am

So I'm the sort who enjoys making up my own challenges in games, and for this one, it's 'use zero slime keys'. It's going pretty well, actually! I can get into the Moss Blanket, Indigo Quarry, and the Ancient Ruins all with jetpack shenanigans.

But reaching the Glass Desert has put me up against a bit of a wall. Er, door, I guess. Obviously, I can get to the door. I can even work my way around the landmass at the end of the Ruins to get on top of the Glass Desert teleporter building (and I am tremendously surprised at the amount of modeling detail they put on an area that is both that hard and that pointless to reach).

However, I can't figure out how to actually get to the Desert teleporter without using a key. Does anyone know if this is actually possible?
TiamatXIII
Plort

Re: Glass Desert without a key - is it possible?

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:55 am

Unfortunately no - the portal is all bordered off and the only way to load the desert is to go there via the portal.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby TiamatXIII » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:37 am

Well, darn. I did know about the desert loading thing, hence my attempts to get to the teleporter itself. I was just hoping someone knew of some gap in the stonework I'd overlooked that I could wedge myself through.

Actually makes me a little bit sad, since I've gotten into the Desert on other saves and I know I can bypass every other slime key door with some persistence and upgrades. Oh well. Thanks for the reply :)
TiamatXIII
Plort

Postby Oppis » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:44 am

Just being curios: How can you enter the ruins. I thought it was impossible because of an invisible barrier
Oppis
Chickadoo

Postby TiamatXIII » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:49 am

The trick is I'm not using slime KEYS. The giant Ruins gate does have a barrier, but it doesn't use a key, just a half-dozen plorts, and the gate itself can be reached from the Moss Blanket side through some jetpack shenanigans involving trees as platforms. I could probably make a series of screenshots showing the route, if you want?
TiamatXIII
Plort

Postby Oppis » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:40 am

Oh yes, I forgot that. Thanks.
Oppis
Chickadoo

Postby WOLRUS » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:30 am

Ooooo. Fun. I'll add that to my list of stupid challenges for my next save. How about you only get to use one slime key? How's that?
WOLRUS
Rancher

Location: The infinite void in the depths of the universe...kidding, an oasis in the Glass Desert.

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:18 am

WOLRUS wrote:Ooooo. Fun. I'll add that to my list of stupid challenges for my next save. How about you only get to use one slime key? How's that?

It should be doable since you can get to the ruins gate with the help of the trees in the Moss Blanket. The only problem here will be that you'll have to bring the 6 plorts needed to open the gate or else you will be stuck and you'll have to use emergency return.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Return to General Discussion