Reguarding danger.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Reguarding danger.

Postby CoconutKeith » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:04 am

Okay, its no secret that there are few truly dangerous things in slime rancher. Feral slimes are slow to attack and can be outrun easily. Most slimes don't even have malicious intent towards the rancher. Heck, tarr, the big bad, can be put out with two globs of water. The reason I'm typing this is because I read a discussion on random events like wind storms and hurricanes. I like these Ideas, because they make adventuring risky. These events would also cause rare slimes to come out that can only be caught in these situations. I don't want to waltze on up to a slime, take it, and let that be the end of it. I want there to be a risk. I want to run and duck inside of a log in the moss blanket to hide from the hurricane after I catch a rare slime. I want to fear the giant sand storms durvish slimes produce. When I first saw those, I was excited to have something to look out for. But I didn't. It would also be cool if there were more predators that were dangers to the ranchers, like quick sand slimes sucking ranchers into their mouth, not automatically killing them, but doing considerable damage. Look at the snare slimes (i cant remember if that's their real name, but you know what I mean), they could be a danger to the rancher, like ensaring them and pulling them into them and biting down. I would like predatory slimes that attempt to attack the rancher, and the only way to cool them down is feeding their favored foods or putting them in corals with music boxes. That would be awesome!

All I'm saying is I'd like for there to be more risk out on the far far range. It doesnt have to be adventure mode either. I know v 1.0.0 introduces Iron rancher mode, but that looks more like a collecting race in which you have to get certain plorts fast. I might be reading its description wrong, but idk. I'm not saying I hate the game, but I do want the game to be a tad bit harder. I will say though, that I will try iron rancher mode.
I'm tired :D

-CoconutKeith
CoconutKeith
Rancher

Re: Reguarding danger.

Postby SnailsAttack » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:59 am

CoconutKeith wrote:OThe reason I'm typing this is because I read a discussion on random events like wind storms and hurricanes. I like these Ideas, because they make adventuring risky.

thanks lol

Anyways, I agree with you. Adventure mode isn't dangerous enough, and iron ranching mode clearly isn't being made to directly solve that problem. There should be a new mode where slimes deal more damage, are more aggressive (especially the tarrs), and generally make me feel like i'm in genuine danger outside the ranch.
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Postby CoconutKeith » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:30 am

Exactly. That would make so many great moments and stories: Jet packing away JUST before a tarr bits down with the killing blow, or running for your life after feeding the boom gordo in the ruins.

-CoconutKeith
CoconutKeith
Rancher

Postby WOLRUS » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:26 am

I do tons of stupid challenges (no jetpack, all largos must be obtained from wild, go hug all the ferals) just to complicate things. Also, what about being slammed against the opposite wall by the force of the boom gordo's explosion. Fun stuff.
WOLRUS
Rancher

Location: The infinite void in the depths of the universe...kidding, an oasis in the Glass Desert.

Postby CoconutKeith » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:57 pm

WOLRUS wrote:I do tons of stupid challenges (no jetpack, all largos must be obtained from wild, go hug all the ferals) just to complicate things. Also, what about being slammed against the opposite wall by the force of the boom gordo's explosion. Fun stuff.

I like the idea of being tossed around by booms and boom largos

-CoconutKeith
CoconutKeith
Rancher

Return to General Discussion