Why aren't slime ranchers rendered obsolete?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Why aren't slime ranchers rendered obsolete?

Postby SnailsAttack » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:20 pm

What I'd like to know is why slime ranchers are even necessary. Wouldn't it be easier to simply send someone to the Far, Far Range and have them teleport tons of slimes back to earth for optimized plort farming?

The only reasons I can think of for the 7Zee corp not to do this is that the slimes cannot survive long outside of the FFR's unique atmosphere (like the indigo quarry crystals) or that slimes (and probably most other sentient creatures) cannot be transported digitally across extremely far distances the same way that plorts can.

I think that the second one is most likely, because chances are that the FFR's atmosphere could easily be replicated in a controlled environment.

I also think that the 7Zee corp probably has "contests" to gather slime rancher volunteers, pick out the best ones, and send them to the far, far range. It's explained in casey's letters that beatrix is very well-suited for that sort of thing.

What do you guys think?
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Re: Why aren't slime ranchers rendered obsolete?

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Considering that The Slime Sea is the nursery, railway, nest and TV of the slime, I imagine it has something to do with this.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby SnailsAttack » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:05 pm

SnailsAttack
Rancher

Postby SnailsAttack » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:05 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Considering that The Slime Sea is the nursery, railway, nest and TV of the slime, I imagine it has something to do with this.

what
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Postby WOLRUS » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:28 am

SnailsAttack wrote:cannot survive long outside of the FFR's unique atmosphere (like the indigo quarry crystals)

*embarrased coughing* I believe that's the glass desert glass structures?
WOLRUS
Rancher

Location: The infinite void in the depths of the universe...kidding, an oasis in the Glass Desert.

Postby z0mbiesrock » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:56 pm

Its not that. Slimes are fine on other planets; it's that the environment necessary for creating stable plorts only exists within the atmosphere of the Far Far Range.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Return to General Discussion