[Suggestion] Underwater Passages?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Suggestion] Underwater Passages?

Postby Pigcatapult » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:27 pm

When I first reached the Moss Blanket I searched all over the ponds for secret areas in the walls; the reduced visibility made them seem like the perfect place to hide a passage to a secret grotto.

I know there aren't any there now, but it would be really cool if there were in future builds.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Re: [Suggestion] Underwater Passages?

Postby Arkelia » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:34 pm

Ahah good to know I wasn't the only one looking for secret caves in the moss blanket :P
Arkelia
Chickadoo

Postby Heather » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:35 pm

Agreed... +1 for secret passages..... hidden all kinds of places :)

Arkelia wrote:Ahah good to know I wasn't the only one looking for secret caves in the moss blanket :P

... for sure :)
Heather
Admin

Postby Blazekop12 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:58 pm

Hmm... Maybe the grotto could look like the place where you find the phosphor gordo and have phosphors spawn there during the day!
Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:03 pm

Blazekop12 wrote:Hmm... Maybe the grotto could look like the place where you find the phosphor gordo and have phosphors spawn there during the day!

Oooh, I was just thinking like a Puddle Gordo hiding in there, but that'd be cool, too.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby Fruit » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:39 am

Pigcatapult wrote:
Blazekop12 wrote:Hmm... Maybe the grotto could look like the place where you find the phosphor gordo and have phosphors spawn there during the day!

Oooh, I was just thinking like a Puddle Gordo hiding in there, but that'd be cool, too.

What would you feed a puddle gordo?
Fruit
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:13 am

Fruit wrote:
Pigcatapult wrote:

That is an incredibly good question that I had not considered in my desire to see a Gordo of every slime.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:16 am

Pigcatapult wrote:
Fruit wrote:
Pigcatapult wrote:

That is an incredibly good question that I had not considered in my desire to see a Gordo of every slime.

Maybe you play a waiting game?
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:19 pm

That could work, although I'm not sure how to keep it from popping before you come find it. Maybe you need to raise the water level where it's sitting to start the timer?
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:11 pm

Just shoot water at it!
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Sepolash » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:25 pm

I agree, both about the puddle gordo and the secret passages!
Sepolash
Chickadoo

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:46 pm

SpiralRancher02 wrote:Just shoot water at it!

That works! XD

Raises the question of why it can't drink the water it's sitting in, but maybe it really is in a thin puddle and the cave is very humid and drippy with condensation? So the Puddle Gordo has reached an equilibrium with its environment and isn't going to get bigger without water shot at it?
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby Urby » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:42 pm

When I went into the Grotto and saw there was a hole in the ceiling I thought it might be a neat hidden room or secret passage...but there's nothing interesting on the roof. You can't even drop down the hole!

I would like there to be a secret room that can be accessed through determined jungle-gyming. Maybe in a giant tree, somewhere in its leaves. (Home of the Monkey slime?)
3D modeler, doodler, and video game designer.
Mole Slime
Urby
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:05 pm

Urby wrote:When I went into the Grotto and saw there was a hole in the ceiling I thought it might be a neat hidden room or secret passage...but there's nothing interesting on the roof. You can't even drop down the hole!

This thread isn't really about the capital-G Grotto area. Sorry. I meant a lowercase-g grotto, as in just "a small cave", although, double-checking, what I was describing didn't include the "associated with use by humans" part of the definition (which I had forgotten about). =(

Urby wrote:I would like there to be a secret room that can be accessed through determined jungle-gyming. Maybe in a giant tree, somewhere in its leaves. (Home of the Monkey slime?)

I also looked all over the top of the Moss Blanket, and yeah, I had been hoping to find secrets there, too. It seems like the kind of area that ought to have all sorts of little nooks and crannies.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Return to General Discussion