Pls fix autofeeders & ponds (bug?)

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Pls fix autofeeders & ponds (bug?)

Postby Heather » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:00 pm

Can you please fix the autofeeder? What I mean is, I only have 10, at most 12 largos in a couple pens, and the autofeeder stinks when they're so big. It only shoots food at the one nearest to the feeder, the others can't get to it (largos are so adorably fat). My pens all have almost full autofeeders but I still find MANY of my largos are starving towards the middle and opposite sides of the pen :( Maybe it can sprinkle down from the top or something, more evenly?

Also what's up with the pond/puddle slimes? They keep disappearing on me :( They're in a pond, in the sun (I've seen vids that seemed like they won't do well in caves), and it doesn't seem to matter if I try and fill the pond, shoot water at them, or not... they're gone within 24 hours leaving only plorts behind :( I check on them constantly and nothing seems amiss prior. There's no pond upgrades I can do to fix this?

I am running 2.3b, it was like this in prior versions too which is why I didn't put this in the bug thread.

Thank you I love your game and how responsive you are to the community <3
Hoping there's a TON more content to come too (100's of slimes & combos anyone?) :)

- Heather
Heather
Admin

Re: Pls fix autofeeders & ponds (bug?)

Postby KitsuneRyo » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:17 pm

They do just fine in the cave. That's where mine are, and they're wonderfully happy and squishy-licious. I refill the pond every few days, though I've never actually seen it looking low.... how many Puddles do you have?? I find that four or five is optimum for me. They produce plenty of plorts, don't crowd, and don't drain the pond at dangerous rates...
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby FoxLocks » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:27 pm

Hmmmm I have about 12 in my pond outdoors and they've been there for like 7-8 days... never had to refill it, maybe I have a bug as well lol
Honey Boom are the best <3
FoxLocks
Chickadoo

Postby Azreide » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:33 pm

I don't think it's a bug with the autofeeders, I think they're working as intended. BUT they don't seem to scale with the amount of slime that they're feeding. As it says, it simply gives out feed at regular intervals. Which I do think needs to change.
Azreide
Rancher

Postby Heather » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:40 am

KitsuneRyo wrote:how many Puddles do you have?? I find that four or five is optimum for me. They produce plenty of plorts, don't crowd, and don't drain the pond at dangerous rates...

SO strange!
The most I've ever started with was five.... then only a few minutes later I had only 4... then within about 8 in game hours all were gone.
After I saw responses to this thread I tried again with only two.... I think it was my fifth attempt now, and after only a few minutes 1 was left, a few in game hours later all were gone. I've tried with a brand new pond or an established one, doesn't seem to matter. Like I said before I've tried dumping a full 50 units of water with them when I put them in just in case, or more sometimes...I guess I just stink at it... LOL
Heather
Admin

Postby Ladyjovia » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:34 pm

where was the pond located? apparently from what i've seen on some vids, the free range overgrown upgrade extension area has a bug where things in corrals/coops actually put there can vanish... and if you got storage it wipes it clean too... dunno if its fixed now but thats what i heard? might be that way with the grotto sometimes too? i dunno i don't have the game to test it out really, or if its fixed or not yet.
Ladyjovia
Plort

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:53 pm

Ladyjovia wrote:where was the pond located? apparently from what i've seen on some vids, the free range overgrown upgrade extension area has a bug where things in corrals/coops actually put there can vanish... and if you got storage it wipes it clean too... dunno if its fixed now but thats what i heard? might be that way with the grotto sometimes too? i dunno i don't have the game to test it out really, or if its fixed or not yet.

I believe the bug you're talking about has since been patched.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby KitsuneRyo » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:13 pm

Wait... do you have your pond near a Honey Slime corral??? Because even the Puddles will go after the honey plorts!!! I've seen a video of a puddle slime climbing out of the pond because it was neighbored to Honey Slimes!!!
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby Elskah » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:19 pm

KitsuneRyo wrote:Wait... do you have your pond near a Honey Slime corral??? Because even the Puddles will go after the honey plorts!!! I've seen a video of a puddle slime climbing out of the pond because it was neighbored to Honey Slimes!!!

...That would explain why my Puddles kept disappearing when I tried free-ranging my Honey Tabbies.
Those stripes, that tail, that wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
Elskah
Rancher

Postby Heather » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:09 am

KitsuneRyo wrote:Wait... do you have your pond near a Honey Slime corral??? Because even the Puddles will go after the honey plorts!!! I've seen a video of a puddle slime climbing out of the pond because it was neighbored to Honey Slimes!!!

EUREEKA! They're not right next to each other but they are the in the same general area.
If you solved this, you are a genius... more news as it happens, I will test this tonight when I get home from work :)
THANKS!
Heather
Admin

Postby Heather » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:07 pm

Heather wrote:

EUREEKA! They're not right next to each other but they are the in the same general area.
If you solved this, you are a genius... more news as it happens, I will test this tonight when I get home from work :)
THANKS!

I set up a pond in the overgrowth, where only cubeberry trees are, and one pen of non-honey largos on the other side. I placed one puddle slime in, splashed it with a bit of water just in case around midnight or so in game. By the next morning it too was gone Image Image Image
Heather
Admin

Postby KitsuneRyo » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:39 pm

Really??? Well shoot!!! I was so sure!!! I'm sorry.... I really thought I'd figured it out! Hmm.... I just can't think of why this is happening to you!
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:04 pm

I think Puddle Slimes might sometimes just wander out for no reason? I know at least once I've put some in a Grotto pond and come back to find one hugging a wall across the cave (not sure how it got that far, either). But I'm pretty sure that was before 0.2.3
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby Heather » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:53 pm

Really appreciate everyone's feedback, I believe I figured out my pond/puddle slime problem.
Posted a thread about it tonight in the tech support forum
Heather
Admin

Return to General Discussion