Largos turning into tarr for no reason

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Largos turning into tarr for no reason

Postby deandaboss » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:41 pm

Just recently, some of my tangle rad largos have been turning into tarr, but I don't know why. The only other type of slime I have in the docks area are some pink mosaic largos, but there's no way that there plorts could get into the Corrals, since I have all the upgrades on every corral. So why is this happening to my largos? It may have something to do with the update since I'm only experiencing it now, but I'm not too sure.
deandaboss
Plort

Re: Largos turning into tarr for no reason

Postby PrismSlime » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:52 pm

the tangle slimes grab plorts from the other corrals.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby deandaboss » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Well what do I do then? Do I have to keep them in a place away from all other slimes?
deandaboss
Plort

Postby PrismSlime » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:18 pm

pretty much, yes.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Epicarious » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:03 am

Tangle slimes can't use their vines on corrals that are diagonal to them, so you could try that.
Epicarious
Plort

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:39 am

i'm sure they can if a plort ends up right in the closest corner.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Locqe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:56 pm

I still don't quite know the tangle slime/largo range (if they're different), but I haven't had a problem with my Honey/Tangles using their vines to grab plorts. I suggest taking location into account. The plots in the Ranch and Docks are generally too close together, so I put my Honey/Tangles in the first plot on the left, upon entering the Overgrowth from the Ranch. This way, they can also feed themselves from the wandering chickens and any fruit that falls from 2 Pogofruit trees nearby them.

Pretty sure the back left will work too, since it's kinda separated too by mountains on 3 sides. There's also the 2 back-most plots in the Grotto (assuming you don't have slimes in the plot right next to the back-left).

Or, if you really want them on the Docks/Ranch, you'll have to surround them with just food. Either food your slimes/largo can eat, or food they specifically can't, so you can harvest it all for other slimes. For example, if I put my Honey/Tangle largos in the Docks, I'll make sure all the plots are veggies, since they eat meat/fruit.
Locqe
Chickadoo

Postby Kitana » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:17 pm

I keep the majority of my slimes in the 2x2 section of the primary ranch, but those plots are too close for tangles to coexist with other slimes. However, the two plots leading to the Lab are far enough away that they can't grab plorts from those corrals. Just don't use the plot next to it as a corral and you'll be fine :3
Kitana
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion