MULTIPLAYER IDEAS!!!

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

MULTIPLAYER IDEAS!!!

Postby AnnaForevermore » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:34 pm

I think that an addition of a multiplayer feature would be absolutely perfect for this game.

Recently I thought up of (what I believe to be) an excellent idea! So for anyone that has played Animal Crossing: New Leaf (or even Borderlands where you could also invite players to your server), I believe how AC:NL incorporated multiplayer would be perfect for Slime Rancher. For anyone that hasn't played Animal Crossing: New Leaf, basically, it's an open-ish world like Slime Rancher and its where you run a town. And for the most part, it's a single player like Slime Rancher is, but, there is a way for players to invite other players to their town and run around and have fun together. I think that if Slime Rancher had something similar to this, it would literally make this already fantastic game even that much more perfect.

What if there was a way that you could invite up to 3 other players (4 players in total) to your ranch? Like there be a machine like the toy or transfer ones? So here is what I was thinking of since I was told that there will only be one or two more major updates left before the game is completed (which I'm sad about since I know that I wish the updates would never stop because I love exploring new areas and the Glass Desert v0.6.0 was so much fun with all the puzzles).
MY MAIN IDEA STARTS HERE: I was thinking there could be a Multiplayer Machine, Warp Depot, and another Teleporter, right by the Plort Market and the default Teleporter, that could be used to invite other players that have the game to your ranch and world. Like (with AC:Nl and the game The Forest) there are 3 options where you can allow multiplayer to 1.Random players, 2.Firends only, or 3.Invite only. The additional Teleporter allows the other players to travel to your ranch as well as back to their own and allows you to travel to others ranches. As well as a warp-depot attached to the Multiplayer Machine that allows other players to bring back 4 items (like how you can only carry 4 different items in your Vacpack) from your ranch to theirs (as well as whatever they are carrying in their Vacpack)

I understand how this may be a difficult request, but it would enhance the game immencly. Here is how: 1.If a player wants to play with someone who doesn't have the game, the other player would have to buy the game (which is what me and my friend are trying to do, but he dosen't really want to get the game unless there is a way that he can play multiplayer with me), which would increase sales! 2.Playing multiplayer would mean one player would get to see the other which means 2 options, either all characters look the same and we finally get to see what Beatrix LeBeau initially looks like, or there will be a character customization option that is similar to the game Borderlands(which would be really cool!). 3.Players could help out each other and explore the Far, Far Range together which makes it that much more fun! - there would definitely be much more to figure out (that yes I have thought of but this is long enough already) since adding a multiplayer feature would be a massive update that takes a lot of time and effort, but I truly believe that it would take Slime rancher to a whole new level of slime awesomeness!

Hopefully, the game designers will see this and incorporate a multiplayer feature! Also, I would like to see what other ideas you guys have, whether they are based on or improvements to my idea or new ones of your own!
Last edited by AnnaForevermore on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnnaForevermore
Plort

Re: MULTIPLAYER IDEAS!!!

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Nice idea, but you shouldn't expect multiplayer to come anytime soon (or at all).
Oh, and the game will be still updated after 1.0.0, you don't have to worry about that.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Java » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:39 am

Please read the FAQ, my friend, before posting about stuff like that. They explicitly mention about multiplayer.
There are 4 people working for Monomi Park as far as I know. Only 4.
java/tira, he/him pronouns, panro-ace demiboy.

be gay, drink cider, break boundaries

"Patto hikatte saita, hanabi o miteta,
Kitto mada owaranai natsu ga!"
Java
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:15 pm

Java wrote:Please read the FAQ, my friend, before posting about stuff like that. They explicitly mention about multiplayer.
There are 4 people working for Monomi Park as far as I know. Only 4.

Actually, there are now 6 people working for Monomi Park.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Dragonslime » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:10 pm

please stop asking for multiplayer the answer is going to be the same, Have patience children the devs know what there doing

trust em
well have a answer after 1.0
The rare but elusive dragon slime

255 limit sucks
I am multitude of things
Rancher
Explorer deluxe
Half time terrarian
Half time inventor
Full time toa hero
1/4 book writer
Dragonslime
Rancher

Postby SnailsAttack » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:01 pm

The issues with multiplayer aren't the lack of ideas of how it might function, the issues are with how difficult it is to sync the games between players, which is a very common issue with games that aren't designed for multiplayer.
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Return to General Discussion