Vacpack burner attachment

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Vacpack burner attachment

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Much progress has been made towards the maximizing of my refinery resources, but once the more common ones got topped off, I found myself either making way more gordo snare than I'd ever need just to get rid of them, or tossing resources I didn't have space for into the Slime Sea just to get rid of them. I could throw them into an incinerator, but that's a huge hassle now that all of my extractors are in the Glass Desert. Instead of wasting builder spots with an incinerator gadget, I think a burner attachment for the vacpack would be a lot easier to work with. Simply hit a key to turn on "Burner Mode" and anything you suck up will be incinerated instead of being sucked into an inventory slot, or otherwise bouncing off of the nozzle. Food perhaps turned into ash to be deposited directly into an ash trough for fire slimes, but mostly used for the sake of stopping pollution of the Slime Sea. Though working like that, you'd have to shoot the unwanted stuff back out, then suck it in using "Burner Mode." So perhaps a filter system could be implemented so that selected items would always be burned instead of being vacced up?
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Re: Vacpack burner attachment

Postby SnailsAttack » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:03 pm

Why not just throw it on the ground or into the ocean? I just don't really see a purpose for this considering that every resource than can be vacced has a use.
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:10 pm

well it's more to deal with the excess resources from extractors. i feel kinda bad throwing stuff into the slime sea that isn't gonna get decomposed into slime which clearly doesn't happen since some items wash up at the docks when you fall into the slime sea. and time management takes a bit of a hit since shooting out items only speeds up when it's into a repository. every second counts when the days go by so quick. also i feel bad for making Bea get to bed so late every night lol.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby RowletAlex » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:43 am

This is actually a very reasonable problem (and I appreciate you thinking about the effects of throwing trash into the slime sea, because we need more people thinking like that with our actual oceans) However, I have a better solution than burning trash, which would be placeable slime science silos. I think if they could only have one or two slots, a placeable silo would be extremely useful, and would be something I would like to see, someday.
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

All ur chikkins r belong to bOB

“Oh give me a home, where the tree-foxes roam...”
RowletAlex
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:56 am

With how little I craft things now, I get way more resources than could fit in a silo just from trying to catch my other resources up to max in the refinery. I already have 30 of all decorations minus the glass desert ones. After I get 30 of the new ones, I'm literally only using extractors for the sake of filling up my refinery. I already have over 100 strang diamonds/laca dust/royal jelly.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Return to General Discussion