Suggestions and Feedback from 0.6.0

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Suggestions and Feedback from 0.6.0

Postby Monkeychow01 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Feel free to add more to mine below. After playing the last 2 days, here's some feedback for what I'm playing (note I won't list the bugs I reported here).

- On the auto feeders - even on "turtle" speed, I'm finding that once I'm in the groove with my runs, the largos aren't eating all that much and wasting it. I'm constantly finding myself having to clean up the corrals because they're just leaving food everywhere.

- I'm still on the bandwagon that the Quantum slimes are a pain in the neck to put in your ranch. I figured out a trick in the Overgrowth area (yay for scare slimes and gardens), but I think if you added some way to at least make it easier that would be helpful.

- Speaking of the overgrowth. The only way I can keep my Quantum Tangle Largos is let them loose. I find myself taking a lot of time "searching" for the plorts on the ground. Any chances of a Gadget that acts like a roomba? Puts your plorts in a place you can collect from.

- I'm not sure the total # of Warps (I've only got 4), but a few more would be good to help with bouncing around. Would make some of the runs around your ranch quicker.

- Going to throw this suggestion up again - it's still really hard to tell when your garden is about to disappear. You might vacuum up all the fruit around a tree, notice the tree doesn't have any fruit on it, and have to keep an eye on it for 2 minutes until you finally see it disappear. Some kind of indication would help.

- I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm finding it REALLY hard to justify doing anything with the chickens. I love them. They're cute. But they are completely inefficient for feeding your slimes. The overgrowth (as I mentioned above) is ok for the ones that "auto spawn", but I can't justify making a largo that only takes chickens. The fruit and veggies give you back easily triple the amount of resources per day - if not more - so why would I waste time with building Chicken Coups? What's more is that for the most part the type of chicken you are going to get is random. I've found ways to force it with a rooster and only chicks of one kind, but you accidentally mix and it's over. The reason I'm even bringing this up is that I WANT to use chickens as well. So is there a way to figure out how to get them up to par with everything else?

- Fire Slimes - I like them, as they remind me of the "passive" puddle slimes. But I'm not able to find a rhythm to "feed" them in the incinerator. Puddle slimes, since they don't mix or become largos, are simple and easy to care for. Fire, difficult, with low yield on their plorts.

- End game slime gadgets? Portable buildings (all of them), portable bed? You gave us the ability to bring the market and refinery to the Glass Desert. What if I want to spend more time there and make it viable? Very similar to the Ruins - where it feels like we should try to make it a home.

- Shooting Tar with Ancient Water - can you make it do something different and special? :) It's not normal water.

- Add more "puzzles" / "quests" like you did with the oasis to the other zones. Those were fun!

- Allow un-install of a "piece" of your corrals. If I want to remove the shade blocker, but keep it up, is that possible to do?

- I like the solar "storms" in the Glass Desert. It was a good change of pace and it adds a bit of challenge to running around. I will say though, I did as many folks when I first saw it, and thought that the giant flaming ball of death could either : be shot with water - or was the fire slime in some way. I'm sure this was unintentional, but you might want to change up the way it looks, as it looks like a Gordo slime with fire.

That's all I've got for now. Already put in two good long nights of playing! Thank you so much for popping this out! Hope the bug reports help clean up the funny little things, and looking forward for more in the future!
Monkeychow01
Chickadoo

Re: Suggestions and Feedback from 0.6.0

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:51 pm

Nice ideas, but I think Quantum Slimes shouldn't be nerfed much more than how they were in this update.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Return to General Discussion