Some Random Suggestions by Pi

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Some Random Suggestions by Pi

Postby CrazeePi » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:17 pm

This list isn't really "add this to the game to make it better," just more of random things I thought up.

A crouch button, which would probably be useless aside from maybe reducing your movement. Really I just want this to be implemented so I can crouch and then cuddle with the slimes.

Perhaps give the Tarr upgrades depending on what they were before they turned into Tarr. For example, a Tabby Phosphur Largo eating a Rock Plort when turned into a Tarr could move faster, jump like a Phosphur, and have spikes. If a pink slime has any part in the transformation (whether it be that it was part of the largo or the plort was pink), then it will always be a regular Tarr, no matter what the other components are.

Add coop sized walls to incinerators, so that it's less likely for poor slimes to randomly wander into them, while still small enough to throw some Tarr in there.

Add upgrades for ponds. This should be self explanatory. Things like walls, plort collectors, more water...

Downgrade the jetpack into a more of just hover in place instead of go up and then hover in place, or make it more like a glide.

EDIT: Can't forget, slow down the pacing a bit, whether it be by reducing how much Plorts give you or increasing the cost of things. Right now I feel like it only takes a few ingame weeks to do everything.

That's really all I can think of for now. If I think of anything else, I'll put it in here.
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Re: Some Random Suggestions by Pi

Postby Kiba » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:41 pm

For the pacing bit, I'd suggest making new, more valuable slimes appear less commonly as you traverse through the world.

Also my own suggestion. Maybe slimes are a little *too* abundant in the world. It doesn't really feel like I'm out there hunting, it's more like I'm just harvesting from the wild.
Kiba
Rancher

Postby coolm5224 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:53 pm

I think there should be an upgrade to the hotbar for 5 and 6, because i almost never am able to have 50 of one thing, but i always have too many different things.
Thanks to SpeedXaaa for the amazing avatar!
coolm5224
Rancher

Some more random suggestions.

Postby CrazeePi » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:55 am

Autofeeders should detect the number of slimes that are in the corral and dispense food depending on that amount.

Have rarer slimes be harder to catch, not in the sense of being in harder areas (though I'm not saying that should be removed), more of resisting being caught. For example, a boom slime might try to explode if you start sucking it up. Once they've been sucked up once they will never resist again. This may or may not apply to Largos since you can't really suck them up.

Give every slime a hidden personallity type that has a small effect on how they behave. For example a joyful slime might bounce higher but lose happiness more slowly (while still able to be feed the same amount of food as other slime), a shy slime might generally try to stay away from other slimes and watch them from a distance, and a curious slime might be attracted to different plorts from further away.

Make the meter showing Tabby plorts a lighter color.
Last edited by CrazeePi on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby Aenon » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:18 pm

I think that in the range exchange you should be able to request certain resources like the others do
Aenon
Plort

Postby AutofireII » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:42 pm

Aenon wrote:I think that in the range exchange you should be able to request certain resources like the others do

Better yet, Range Exchange could become a sort of multiplayer interface...you make a request and then other players can fulfill it! ...Yes, this has a myriad of problems. (e.g. "Can I have 10 billion Water Slimes, plz? I give you 1 carrot for them.") With some tuning and headache, it could be a fun, cross-player system that would still keep players relatively isolated.

Also giving slimes personalities would be cool. If slimes also had random differences (could be as simple as minor color changes, so one pink slime might be a little whiter than another one, etc.), it could vary a ranch somewhat. I think that Slime Rancher has a lot of potential for creating bonds between players and their slimes; the slimes just need to act a little less like mindless drones.
You are experiencing a PICNIC ERROR!
AutofireII
Chickadoo

Postby Fate » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:01 pm

I agree with Auto, set maybe minimums and maximums, or do something like SK's CE market with that. And I like the Tarr multi-type post from Pi.
Fate/Prometheus~
Fate
Chickadoo

Postby CrazeePi » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:59 pm

I like how some people decided to just use my thread for their own suggestions. It's fine though, more random ideas for the devs.

Upgrades for buildings should be more like the upgrades for health and energy, minus the waiting a few days, meaning there would be multiple upgrades and they would ramp up in cost. The first upgrade would cost as much as the upgrades do now and the last would give the upgrades we have now (or maybe better?) If a waiting mechanic is implemented, have it so that when you unlock an upgrade for one building you permanently unlock it for all other of that building you make.

Accessories for slimes, gotten by doing the rancher exchange. It can be put on slimes by shooting it at them, but only one per slime, if it already has an accessory and you shoot another at it the old accessory will fall off. These have no effect on gameplay or at the very least slime hitboxes.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Might as well toss in my own suggestions

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:42 pm

Incinerator upgrade: Barriers. (EDIT: Already in the OP)

Pond upgrades: Plort collectors (it's very annoying to constantly suck up water and Puddle Slimes too) and a water refill tank (manually filled from water found out in the wild, will refill ponds if the water level is decreasing too much, players can add or remove water from them whenever they want). (EDIT: Plort Collector is already in the OP)

Vacpack upgrades: Pulse Wave Mk II, is as effective against Largos (but not Tarrs or "Angry/Guardian" slimes) as it is against small slimes, Pulse Wave Mk III, is as effective against Tarrs and Angry/Guardian slimes as it is against Largos and small slimes.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Return to General Discussion