What all do you raise?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

What all do you raise?

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:04 am

- Here's what all I'm raising currently -

The Ranch; 2 maxed Silos for Food storage, 4 Ponds currently with Puddle Slimes, & im growing Mint Mangos. (I'm considering moving my Puddle Slimes to the Docks, but I don't know the limit for Puddle Slimes at the Docks with a Rubber Ducky.)

The Overbrowth; Honey/Phosphor (HoneyBee) Largos and free range Hunter/Tabby Largos to eat up all my Chickens because I have way too many, & im growing Hearts Beets, Oca Ocas, and Cube Berries.

The Docks; More Puddle Slimes, & im growing Odd Onions. (I don't know what Slimes to Corral here, any suggestions?)

The Grotto; Pink/Phosphor Largos, Boom/Rad Largos, Tabby/Rock Largos, & Crystal Slimes (I don't know what to mix them with yet so ideas are def welcome!)

The Lab; Just 2 maxed Silos for storing Plorts to sell on the Plort Market. (What Slimes should I raise here?)

Ps. I usually go for around 6 Largos per Corral, is that too many?
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Re: What all do you raise?

Postby Raxel920 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:07 am

Ranch: 1 Phosphor-Quantum corral fed by 1 Cuberry Tree, 1 Tabby-Hunter corral fed by 2 Stony Hen Coops, and 1 Heart Beet patch for my Rock-Crystals in the Grotto.

Overgrowth: 1 Honey corral fed by a Mint Mango tree, 1 Boom corral fed by 2 Briar Hen coops in the Grotto, and 1 Oca Oca patch to feed my Rads in the Grotto.

Docks: Just some Puddles in the waterfall pond. Not sure what to put here, maybe silos.

The Grotto: Rads fed by the Ocas in the Overgrowth, 2 Briar Hen coops to feed my Booms, and a Crystal-Rock corral fed by the Heart Beets in the Ranch.

The Lab: 1 Pink corral fed by a Pogofruit tree, and 2 Silos for backup food.

I have 5 Slimes per corral, except for my Pinks which has 7. I'm going to largo my Booms with Tangles, my Rads with Dervishes, my Honeys with Mosaics, and if Fires can be largoed, I'll largo them with my Pinks.
Raxel920
Rancher

Postby asdfghjklinkin » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:52 am

The Ranch: Tabby slime corral, pink slime corral, rock slime corral, and crystal slime corral. 2 plots of odd onions, one of heart beets, and a coop with stony henhens.

The Grotto: Phosphor slime corral, hunter slime corral, and boom slime corral. Cuberry tree and a coop with briar henhens.

The Overgrowth: Honey slime corral and rad slime corral. Mint mango tree and oca oca plot. Also a refinery link.

The Docks: Quantum slime corral and puddle slimes in the premade pond. A pogofruit tree and phase lemon tree, and a silo with 2 slots. For the pogofruits and phase lemons, respectively.

The Lab: Pretty much empty except for my drills and that kind of stuff. I won't need the space until we have more slimes.

I've got 6 slimes per corral and 3 puddle slimes. I find that it's hard to feed them adequately with more slimes.
I'm Linkin.
asdfghjklinkin
Rancher

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:55 pm

Nice setups everyone.

I'm starting to streamline my stuff more, I moved my Puddle Slimes to the Docks. I decided to mix my Crystals with the Honeys for now. As I go on I'll find what works best for me. The only thing I hate is having to constantly run around to feed everyone so maybe I can streamline it even more.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:17 pm

warps are a godsend for streamlining your daily routine. and even more to come in 0.6. make sure you have all the ones available for optimal results. also, along with the obvious choice of having warps directly to your extractors, I recommend having at least 1 extractor on your farm so you know when to go out and check them. assuming they all have close cycling times.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:25 pm

^ Awe yes, I been working on getting the pink warps and stuff, I don't have any yet though.

Edit: I'm curious as to where I should place the teleporters when I do get them, should I place them going to each section of my farm like for instance the ranch to the grotto? Etc etc.

Also I heard you can only get one set of each color, is this true? I so want pink teles. :P
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:56 pm

Update; I made some pretty big changes - hopefully for the best.

I hybridized all of the Slimes (species) that I had prior to mix each one with a Honey for more Plort profit. I released my other Slimes, so none were destroyed in the process. I also made a teleport between my two major areas the Grotto and the Docks. I am working on streamlining everything including their food, like right now I'm working on feeding them all Mint Mangos except for my Tabby Hunters which take the Stoney Chickens. I have a bunch of Mint Mango Trees now and in almost each area I made a Silo or 2 to store my food for everyone. I also made sure to save some room for any other Slime species I may run across that I don't currently have. I typically try to aim for around 6 Largos per Corral. So far this method seems easier and it appears that I'm raking in more money from all the Plorts so that's a plus. Later on I'll add more teleports to reach certain areas quicker.

I'm also planning to feed more Gordos to receive some keys I want to be able to open this place that I believe leads to the Ancient Ruins.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:15 am

Another update; I finally unlocked the Ancient Ruins, I nabbed some Quantum Slimes and just like my other Slimes I mixed them with the Honeys. I think hybridizing all Slimes with the Honeys so far proves to be the most lucrative. I can't say I'm rolling in the dough but I'm getting up there with the whole Zee rewards thing.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:19 am

with at least 5 of my 7 remaining plots being used for new slimes and their food, it's gonna be a lot slower raising up funds for any ranks past what's already available for me. though at the same time, those new plorts will be worth even more so it may balance itself out.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:39 am

I think I have 2 more plots to Corral more if need be but most of my stuff is maxed at for now to raise the Slimes and to grow the Mint Mangos.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:44 am

honeys may be easier to take care of as they don't add anything particularly dangerous while still adding an easy to harvest favorite food, but you can still only hold so much at a time and cleaning out the collectors takes much longer if you can only hold 1 slot of honey at a time. i personally think we could use another speed upgrade for vacking/shooting once you get the 100 slot upgrade. emptying a slot full of 100 now takes about as long as 50 used to before the speed adjustment.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:54 pm

True, I'm always traveling back and forth to unload the Honey Plorts. Right now I'm working towards the 100 slot upgrade so sadly right now I can only hold 50. I try to keep a Silo near in case but even then they fill up quick. Eventually things will probably get easier I hope.

Hopefully they'll consider adding an upgrade for holding 200 items, then 300, and maybe cap it there or perhaps cap it at 500. I don't mind if they add it to the rewards thing but it def needs implemented. I'd also like to see an upgrade for the Corrals too where you could purchase more space. I think I'll add these ideas to the idea section.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:31 pm

well until the collectors do get an expansion upgrade, which is very unlikely, more than 100 per vac slot wont really be that useful. the only use i might get out of it is when my harvests overlap and i have more than 100 carrots when feeding my pink slimes. but until then, i'm more than happy with using the warp depots. and a silo would just add more steps unless you're actually trying to save the plorts for better prices which takes a while. you'd likely run out of space to store extras well before the prices got good. especially with multiple honey largo types.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:47 pm

PrismSlime wrote:well until the collectors do get an expansion upgrade, which is very unlikely, more than 100 per vac slot wont really be that useful. the only use i might get out of it is when my harvests overlap and i have more than 100 carrots when feeding my pink slimes. but until then, i'm more than happy with using the warp depots. and a silo would just add more steps unless you're actually trying to save the plorts for better prices which takes a while. you'd likely run out of space to store extras well before the prices got good. especially with multiple honey largo types.

I mainly use the Silos now to store my Minto Mangos, and it takes a lot to feed all these hungry Slimes. :P
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby SnailsAttack » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:42 pm

SlimeRancherKay wrote:free range Hunter/Tabby Largos to eat up all my Chickens because I have way too many, & im growing Hearts Beets, Oca Ocas, and Cube Berries.

This is actually a really awesome idea, considering that chickens spawn pretty much every few seconds. With hunter/tabby largos, you don't have to worry about them eating up all your crops, AND you'll get tons of plorts!
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:46 pm

i still really hope they add a plort roomba of some sort for that as one of the new gadgets. it's too much of a hassle for me to free range slimes for plorts, but i still do it for the aesthetic. It's be nice to cash out on it.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:03 pm

SnailsAttack wrote:
SlimeRancherKay wrote:free range Hunter/Tabby Largos to eat up all my Chickens because I have way too many, & im growing Hearts Beets, Oca Ocas, and Cube Berries.

This is actually a really awesome idea, considering that chickens spawn pretty much every few seconds. With hunter/tabby largos, you don't have to worry about them eating up all your crops, AND you'll get tons of plorts!

It worked wonders, they wiped the area pretty much clean.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:08 pm

my 400 chickens that one time i emptied my silos for whatever reason didn't last very long.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:17 pm

^ Yup them Tabby Or Hunters will tear em up.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby JasontheBasin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:40 am

I don't have any slimes on my ranch, currently. But I plan to raise mosaic/fire and tangle/dervish if possible when 0.6.0 comes out
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby SquillionthGamer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:10 am

Ranch: Pink-Phosphors, Pink-Crystals, mint mango and odd onion x3.
Overgrowth: Hunter-Tabbies, the rest of the slots filled with ponds and coops.
Grotto: 1 maxed out silo filled with carrot, odd onion, pogofruit and mint mango
Lab: Pink-Rads, Pink-Rocks, 2 PogoFruit trees and a pond.
Guess who's back(back back)
Back again
Squill is back
Tell a friend(friend friend)

SquillionthGamer
Keeper

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:44 am

Update; I recently got Quantum Slimes I put them In the Docks area in a Corral but they Ghost in and out, sometimes it's just the Spirit but other times they truly escape and I have to shoot them back in.

This is my current setup which is open to change of course -
The Ranch: Tabby/Honeys, Pink/Honeys, Phosphor/Honeys, & the rest are Gardens for some Cube Berries & throwaway Pogo Fruit to Harvest the Phase Lemons. I also have 2 Silos for storing Mint Mangoes and Cube Berries and so forth.
The Overgrowth: Hunter/Honeys in 1 Corral & the rest are Mint Mango Gardens.
The Docks: Quantum/Honeys, Water Slimes, a Silo full of Mint Mangoes and Phase Lemons, & 2 Phase Lemon Gardens.
The Grotto: Rad/Honeys, Boom/Honeys, Rock/Honeys, Crystal/Honeys & a Silo filled with Heart Beets, Oca Ocas, Odd Onions, and Mint Mangoes.
The Lab: 2 Silos & the rest are Veggie Gardens for now.
(I keep up to 6 Largos but I'm considering lowering it to 4. I don't know how but I had my first Tarr outbreak in one and it wiped the Corral clean, I had to get them again it was 6 of my Boom/Honeys.)

I also made a second save to fiddle ding with, in that save I'm possibly doing all free range, I want to see how that goes. I only made a Corral or two in each area just in case, and a Silo to store some things, along with mostly Gardens with no scareslimes so they can eat freely from the Gardens.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:00 pm

with quantums it's important to splash them with water every time you go by their corrals. i prefer rad/quantums so i can make sure i don't miss any as the aura disappears too if they're splashed. also about 20 favorite food per day in the auto-feeder on medium setting (i think, it's been a while as i've been on hiatus since maxing my 7ZRC rank) though I do still keep them in the grotto as a precaution. also have some experimental ones in the docks. they don't seem to be too bad so long as they're the first to be fed in the morning, but their range does seem to go as far as the other corral nearby. i'll adjust my setup accordingly once 0.6 drops.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:32 pm

Okay got ya, I need to start spraying them then. Them escaping doesn't happen that often, it's mainly just their spirit form or whatever it's called. That's a good idea making a rad hybrid.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:39 pm

it's obviously most dangerous in the morning when they get hungry overnight. they'll sometimes warp out when you enter the area instead of eating the food around them. i think it's due to the area's not really loading until you enter them. if they're super hungry, they often warp just after they eat so their plorts end up outside their corral.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Next

Return to General Discussion