What all do you raise?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Re: What all do you raise?

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:48 pm

I had my feeders on slow, that could be why... I did that because I noticed the food was spoiling, but I may have to put them all on medium then.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:56 pm

well frankly, there will often still be food that spoils doing that much. but with quantums it's always best to overfeed them than underfeed them. costs that extra plot, but well worth it if you have the extra space.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:11 pm

Okay I will definitely pump their feeding times up then, thanks for that tidbit!
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby Raxel920 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:46 pm

They get hungry overnight? Just use an autofeeder!
Raxel920
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:58 pm

i typically only feed them once a day. 15 per day on speed3. it does it fairly quick, but still slow enough to spread out the feedings a bit so they don't get hungry all at once. plort production isn't too high so i still have time to go out without having to spend all day emptying my collectors. all excess food goes to my 50 pinks since i still go through extractors fairly quickly.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:30 pm

I should consider that, because I am CONSTANTLY emptying out the Plorts. :O
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:41 pm

while you can of course have more, 6 seems to be the best number to go with. the auto-feeders always shoot out 6 at a time, the slimes have plenty of room to move around, and each slime will always get 2 bits of food per harvest to make them full from starving, with a few extras in case they get hungry later on. i also keep 1 and 2 of their favorite toys. i'm fairly certain they only need 1 to get the maximum effect from them, but i don't like them all huddled in one corner.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:46 pm

Awe I didn't know it shoots out 6 at a time, cool because I typically keep up to 6 and no more. I usually buy them a couple toys as well since they're hybrids I get them a toy they like for each of their species if that makes sense.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:50 pm

it does make it a bit annoying when swapping out largos though. maybe i'll have a use for an incinerator after all. if only to delete after burning unneeded toys.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:01 pm

Oh gosh I know what ya mean... I had to recently do that, and the trips back and forth for the toys, and then to make sure the right foods were in each Corral phew... not easy... it sucks having to move each Largo one by one.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:07 pm

actually the largos themselves arnt that bad. i usually just shoot them all towards the sea and any that don't make it in i pulse wave off. just feel a bit bad throwing the toys into the slime sea lol. idk if its contents would dissolve them into material for more slimes, but Bea and her suit seem to survive it just fine so probably not.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:21 pm

I grabbed each Largo one at a time that's why it was so time consuming, none were thrown to sea except for the time when I decided to do all Honey hybrids. Now I will admit I did throw a few extra toys I had to the sea.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Previous

Return to General Discussion