[Suggestion] Slimes gradually turn translucent due to hunger

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Suggestion] Slimes gradually turn translucent due to hunger

Postby PlortInMyFort » Fri May 26, 2017 6:32 am

To me, only the puddle slime actually looks slimy, with the only thing indicating that the others are is when they hit a surface and leave a little puddle of slime. I think that losing their consistency when they grow hungrier could help in this regard, so they don't always look like a rubber ball; and would also make sense for why they need food.

When you're feeding slimes in their corrals directly - it can sometimes be a bit of nuisance to try to see the expression of a particular slime. If that's intentional then feel free to ignore, but it is noticeable when playing and you're trying to evenly feed them.
Also it would be nice if the slimes eventually couldn't support themselves anymore and become pure slime. Fair, but also adds some difficulty and stops people from just leaving slimes unattended.
PlortInMyFort
Chickadoo

Re: [Suggestion] Slimes gradually turn translucent due to hu

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri May 26, 2017 6:37 am

Nice idea!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby PrismSlime » Fri May 26, 2017 6:45 am

i don't have a problem with feeding my slimes evenly, but i only have 6 per corral. and while i think them becoming unstable due to hunger makes sense, everyone would lose all of their slimes whenever they take their time to explore a new area. i know i was lost for a good while when exploring the ruins.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby PlortInMyFort » Fri May 26, 2017 6:57 am

PrismSlime wrote:Everyone would lose all of their slimes whenever they take their time to explore a new area. i know i was lost for a good while when exploring the ruins.

Well I didn't have a specific timeframe set for when they would expire, so it could be a couple of days after they get angry faces.
It would depend on how lenient the devs want to be.
PlortInMyFort
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion