Uhmm...

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Uhmm...

Postby JasontheBasin » Thu May 25, 2017 5:53 pm

Played roblox today and found this https://www.roblox.com/games/347657685/ ... OCK-SLIMES

They made a lesser version of slime rancher on roblox... AND THEY DIDNT EVEN SAY "Monomi park owns slime rancher, I do not" or anything like that.
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Re: Uhmm...

Postby PrismSlime » Thu May 25, 2017 6:15 pm

besides that, they coulda at least changed some terms. it's literally slime rancher, only it's made from plastic, cardboard, and ms paint. the saddest part is, it actually has some favorites and thumbs up. =/
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby JasontheBasin » Thu May 25, 2017 7:08 pm

yeah. I played it and it's actually decent. and it's heavily unfinished.
Only slimes available are pink and rock (and somehow puddle but there are no puddles in the map, yet there have been puddle plorts sold) and rocks somehow instakill the player. only foods are carrot and cuberry, and the ranch is terrifyingly unfinished. only zone is a very unfinished dry reef, BUT there are two other ranchers for two other people. The reef is different from the slime rancher reef, and there isn't really a moss blanket or anything other than this alternate dry reef and the ranches. Plort market is in a small area that connects to the reef and the 3 ranches.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri May 26, 2017 4:51 am

What's especially copyright infringing about this is that the thing's creator is planning to make it paid. Maybe we should try to take it down.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby jereG » Fri May 26, 2017 5:24 am

And how are we going to do that exactly?
jereG
Chickadoo

Postby RowletAlex » Fri May 26, 2017 5:37 am

Contact the creators and ask them to stop, get monomi park to send them a cease and desist, downvote it, and tell players that it's stolen from another game. I have seen this happen to many fan made Pokemon games (and recently an ark survival evolved mod) and while they weren't trying to get money from it, the cease and desist always worked.
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

All ur chikkins r belong to bOB

“Oh give me a home, where the tree-foxes roam...”
RowletAlex
Rancher

Postby Kalkrona » Fri May 26, 2017 6:33 am

Also, you can already pay to get 2 times the amount of jetpack fuel, so he's already making money of off the property...
Kalkrona
Chickadoo

Postby JasontheBasin » Fri May 26, 2017 8:35 am

RowletAlex wrote:Contact the creators and ask them to stop, get monomi park to send them a cease and desist, downvote it, and tell players that it's stolen from another game. I have seen this happen to many fan made Pokemon games (and recently an ark survival evolved mod) and while they weren't trying to get money from it, the cease and desist always worked.

this boi know his stuff

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby JasontheBasin » Fri May 26, 2017 8:40 am

hey guys I gotta question
imma report the game, is this a good paragraph?

"There is a game called slime rancher, made by monomi park. But the creator of this roblox slime rancher didn't say "Monomi Park owns Slime rancher, I don't" or anything like that. The person who made this roblox slime rancher (RSR for short) game allows you to pay robux to double your jetpack fuel, and they soon will be putting RSR in paid access, effectively meaning they're making money off of monomi park's game"

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby DarkCreature97 » Fri May 26, 2017 8:48 am

This game has been copied from a game made by the developers of Monomi Park named Slime Rancher. The creator of this copy has not taken permission from the company to create this and upload it on Roblox. Furthermore the creator of the copy also demands for money from players to add additional features in the game, which is illegal as this money does not go to the developers and the game has been illegally created and uploaded to Roblox. This title does not belong to the user who has uploaded the game and as so it should be removed from Roblox.

This is what I would say.
I want more Slime Rancher tings fam.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby JasontheBasin » Fri May 26, 2017 9:09 am

thx fam

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby JasontheBasin » Fri May 26, 2017 9:45 am

DarkCreature97 wrote:This game has been copied from a game made by the developers of Monomi Park named Slime Rancher. The creator of this copy has not taken permission from the company to create this and upload it on Roblox. Furthermore the creator of the copy also demands for money from players to add additional features in the game, which is illegal as this money does not go to the developers and the game has been illegally created and uploaded to Roblox. This title does not belong to the user who has uploaded the game and as so it should be removed from Roblox.

This is what I would say.

is it okay if I copy n paste what you'd say? looks much better than what i'd say

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby DarkCreature97 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:55 am

Ye go ahead idm
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby JasontheBasin » Fri May 26, 2017 10:12 am

reported the game! lets hope dis works

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby Java » Mon May 29, 2017 8:48 am

I've sent a very long warning to the co-owner of the group for the stolen game, as the creator has his messages off.
Keep in mind guys, roblox is useless at banning stolen property unless they think they'll get sued.
java/tira, he/him pronouns, panro-ace demiboy.

be gay, drink cider, break boundaries

"Patto hikatte saita, hanabi o miteta,
Kitto mada owaranai natsu ga!"
Java
Rancher

Postby SimplyBananas » Tue May 30, 2017 1:16 am

Hello, thank you for getting in contact with my co-developer. Your request for me to take down the game will be dismissed unless I am contacted by the creators of the game, not some low life impersonating monomi park. A side note, the fact that you think I'm making money off of the game is obserd. I only make 10% of the sales which makes me 15 'robux'. To monetize the game, I'd have to sell over 6,000 of the game passes, to this date I've 'sold' 3.

Thank you.
SimplyBananas
Plort

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Tue May 30, 2017 2:14 am

SimplyBananas wrote:Hello, thank you for getting in contact with my co-developer. Your request for me to take down the game will be dismissed unless I am contacted by the creators of the game, not some low life impersonating monomi park. A side note, the fact that you think I'm making money off of the game is obserd. I only make 10% of the sales which makes me 15 'robux'. To monetize the game, I'd have to sell over 6,000 of the game passes, to this date I've 'sold' 3.

Thank you.

I'm afraid the name "Slime Rancher" is copyrighted, actually.
15 Robux is still money. I can steal a £1 coin from someone, and, though it may be insignificant, it is still stealing.
You are, however, right - unless a developer requests you take down the game, it can stay up.
HOWEVER, the name of the game is a copyright infringementand must either be changed or credited to its creator (I would recommend just crediting Monomi Park in the corner). I don't know if you drew it, in which case it's fine, but if the face on the slimes is taken from an official image that is also copyright infringement.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby SimplyBananas » Tue May 30, 2017 3:33 am

Hand draw what?
SimplyBananas
Plort

Postby DarkCreature97 » Tue May 30, 2017 6:07 am

SimplyBananas wrote:Hand draw what?

The clouds in the game....

The slimes ma boi, the slimes.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby ziulyx » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:08 pm

SimplyBananas, Can you at least mention that Monomi Park created the original and that this roblox game isn't exactly original. It'll show that you're not someone just trying to steal and profit off someone else's work.
ACAB
ziulyx
Rancher

Postby Tron » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:26 pm

Kill it with FIRE!!!!
Heres a though you're reading this And of ALL the places to be in the universe of all the things to do in the universe AND of ALL the times you couldve Existed in the spacetime continuum youre reading this virtual block of text.Pretty amazing huh?
Tron
Rancher

Postby Azazel » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:27 am

This is disconcerting, but the right thing to do is to bring it to Momomi Park's attention. It is their prerogative to decide how to deal with such fraudulent imitations.
It's easy to forget but you're playing an early access game -> back up your save files!
Azazel
Chickadoo

Postby JasontheBasin » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:35 pm

Idea! lets report someone's post in this thread to get the devs attention?

isn't that how reporting works: you report someone and the devs look at it?

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:38 pm

well that only works if someone that made or is advertising the fake slime rancher posts. but pming nick should work well enough.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Dragonslime » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:29 am

Nick cant be pmed
He has it turned off
The rare but elusive dragon slime

255 limit sucks
I am multitude of things
Rancher
Explorer deluxe
Half time terrarian