[Suggestion] Big plot

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Suggestion] Big plot

Postby Azazel » Mon May 22, 2017 4:06 am

So here's an idea I had to add a bit of flavor to the mid-game, where you've already conquered the basics of ranching and are plodding along on the 7Zee rewards track.

Behold, the Big Plot: somewhere, I was thinking maybe a tiny island at the end of a bridge behind your house, perhaps, there is a much larger farm plot. About two, three times the size of a regular one. Available for construction on this plot are a number of unique, extra useful ranch fixtures. And while they can be demolished at any time and another one purchased, you only get one at a time; The idea is that while adding some great options to enhance your ranch, more importantly this necessitates making a choice, and so allows the player an opportunity to make a personal statement about what kind of rancher they are, what they find most important, and what their own personal goals are with the ranch.

Each should cost about 15k to construct:

The Megasilo
  • This cluster of three very large silos offers an unprecedented amount of storage! Each holds only a single type of resource, but the smaller two hold 300 each and the big one holds a whopping 500 resources! This towering silo looms from quite a distance telling everyone you're in the big leagues now.
  • Suitable for patient, business-savvy players who like get the most out of the plort market. No nonsense, just mountains of newbucks.

The Big Dome
  • This large forcefield dome functions as a fully-equipped XL corral. It comes with an auto -vac and -feeder. Instead of just dirt, the ground is covered in soft grass and flowers, making your slimes feel right at home (this provides the same bonus as the music box), and it even has a little pond! The dome is made with expensive reinforced airnet technology, so you can be sure your slimes won't leap out into the slime sea. Finally, a button allows you to toggle UV protection on and off.
  • Suitable for players who like to give their slimes a little breathing room, or want to center their ranch around one "key" corral.

The Ferris Wheel
  • It's a ferris wheel! Slimes love to ride it, and don't worry: Slimes secured inside the gondola won't be bouncing out and away from the top of the wheel. Each gondola can hold two slimes, or just one snug largo. Warning: This attraction is meant for slimes. The 7Zee corporation will not be held responsible for injuries sustained by ranchers attempting to join the slimes in the gondolas.
  • Suitable for players who care little for efficiency or newbucks, at least not when compared to the delight of seeing the smile of a slime who has just gotten to ride the Ferris Wheel!

The Pump Facility
  • This big device functions as a permanent extraction machine. Like regular pumps, it will will release some science resources every cycle, but it will release a much larger amount. Sound too good to be true? It of course can't gather the special resources only found in the Dry Reef, and must still be powered: Every cycle consumes 5 Rad plorts to power it. It can also be used to fill up your vacpacks water tank.
  • Suitable for the slime scientist who doesn't have enough time in their day to worry about the constant acquisition of base resources.

The Botanical Gardens
  • It's more than just a very large garden that can grow two kinds of crops at once. This big garden is outfitted with its very own Apiary! The hardworking bees will pollinate your plants, so that you never have to re-plant your crops. But only as long as the bees are happy! They will consume 2 Honey plorts per harvest. As long as they are happy, they will also drop 1-3 Buzz Wax per harvest near the bee box. And very rarely, a Hexacomb.
  • Suitable for ranchers who have lots and lots of hungry slimes, especially if they are picky eaters.

The Slime Plaza
  • While not especially functional, the beautiful Slime Plaza features a large fountain, spotlights, and various little touches that makes it a great place to hang out, and the perfect spot to put the #1 slime stage. Additionally, it comes with a Gordo podium, which acts as a permanently fixed Gordo snare.
  • Suitable for aesthetically-minded ranchers who just want a place to relax and watch the sunset with a Gordo.
It's easy to forget but you're playing an early access game -> back up your save files!
Azazel
Chickadoo

Re: [Suggestion] Big plot

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon May 22, 2017 6:24 am

Nice idea! You should require more plorts per harvest for the botanical gardens and the pump facility though, since getting 2-5 plorts is too easy.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Java » Mon May 22, 2017 8:42 am

This is an amazing set of ideas omg
java/tira, he/him pronouns, panro-ace demiboy.

be gay, drink cider, break boundaries

"Patto hikatte saita, hanabi o miteta,
Kitto mada owaranai natsu ga!"
Java
Rancher

Postby xMNHUBBARDx » Mon May 22, 2017 1:08 pm

I love this idea! I had an idea for a large Silo / storage facility type building that has a spot for each type of plort (never shared it just thought it to myself), but you took a similar idea and made a way better idea than I would have though of! I do think the regular Silos should have further upgrades to be able to hold up to 200 (or more maybe, each 100 more being exponentially more and more expensive an upgrade).
xMNHUBBARDx
Plort

Postby Twerps3 » Mon May 22, 2017 4:00 pm

I need this feature
It would be fun, but more practical features are needs, like a mega coop, that contains the uprising

or a aquarium, for puddle slimes and other water slimes (if implemented.)

But a incinerator wouldn't really be needed, A normal size is big enough for all your incinerating needs
Hi

- SECRET!
Twerps3
Rancher

Postby JasontheBasin » Mon May 22, 2017 6:08 pm

why is there no giant drill that can actually dig a hole, except the hole goes below the slime sea, and you fall into a deep series of caves under the dry reef, which have small underground reservoirs of the filtered slime sea water that gives you fresh water
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby Azazel » Mon May 22, 2017 9:37 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:Nice idea! You should require more plorts per harvest for the botanical gardens and the pump facility though, since getting 2-5 plorts is too easy.

I was thinking it might be balanaced because they are unable to get the rarest resources, but you might be right.

Twerps3 wrote:I need this feature
It would be fun, but more practical features are needs, like a mega coop, that contains the uprising

or a aquarium, for puddle slimes and other water slimes (if implemented.)

I mostly figured I'd present my suggestion with the strongest ideas, and I haven't yet come up with anything that would make a Big Coop "special". I believe that if such a thing were to be worth the time and effort of implementing, each would need to have just a little more than just being a bigger version of the existing farm plots. As for an aquarium, until there are more aquatic slimes, it doesn't seem worth it. I personally would like to see more aquatic slimes though. And I am going to think about some coop ideas.

JasontheBasin wrote:why is there no giant drill that can actually dig a hole, except the hole goes below the slime sea, and you fall into a deep series of caves under the dry reef, which have small underground reservoirs of the filtered slime sea water that gives you fresh water

That would require creating a whole new area, though...
It's easy to forget but you're playing an early access game -> back up your save files!
Azazel
Chickadoo

Postby JasontheBasin » Thu May 25, 2017 7:10 pm

then what we gonna do? we need a giant drill or some people wont be happy
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby andycbruce » Fri May 26, 2017 8:39 pm

The big dome is kind of like the over growth, but without the uv, but if people want to free range phosphor largos then they should use the grotto.
andycbruce
Plort

Return to General Discussion