Casey - Boy or Girl

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Re: Casey - Boy or Girl

Postby SquillionthGamer » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:59 am

Maybe, a long time ago, Bea wrote letters to herself for comfort on the Ranch?
Guess who's back(back back)
Back again
Squill is back
Tell a friend(friend friend)

SquillionthGamer
Keeper

Postby Dragonslime » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:30 am

Woah mindfreak
The rare but elusive dragon slime

255 limit sucks
I am multitude of things
Rancher
Explorer deluxe
Half time terrarian
Half time inventor
Full time toa hero
1/4 book writer
Dragonslime
Rancher

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:04 am

(No offense)

I love Slime Rancher, but I really don't want Casey to be a girl, I'm sorry but I don't... Besides Ninja Turtles - Casey Jones was a male nuff said.

Ps. I despise outside pressure from video games that insist on such things, not everyone is down with that, nor does everyone wish to see that abnormality.

In fact I think they'll keep Caseys gender vague to play both camps, I don't necessarily like that idea but it's better than making Casey a her.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby asdfghjklinkin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:33 am

SlimeRancherKay wrote:(No offense)

I love Slime Rancher, but I really don't want Casey to be a girl, I'm sorry but I don't... Besides Ninja Turtles - Casey Jones was a male nuff said.

Ps. I despise outside pressure from video games that insist on such things, not everyone is down with that, nor does everyone wish to see that abnormality.

In fact I think they'll keep Caseys gender vague to play both camps, I don't necessarily like that idea but it's better than making Casey a her.

Saying no offence doesn't automatically make something not offensive...
I'm Linkin.
asdfghjklinkin
Rancher

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:52 am

I understand that it may be offensive to some even though my comment wasn't meant to be offensive but I just do not want that sort of thing in my game.

I'm not sure if Slime Rancher has an ESRB rating but it appears to be rated E at least from my observations and it's child friendly so in order to keep it that way it's best to avoid anything that could possibly make the rating change to something else. Also again kids probably play this game so it's best to avoid going into any such details of sexual preferences and relationships. Keep it vague basically but that's my two cents / opinion. May I also add the Christian / other religious markets are HUGE so it's best to avoid any conflict with such individuals because this game is awesome and I wouldn't want to see it lose funding / players / fans.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby Nick » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:03 pm

As stated previously, Casey's gender is intentionally ambiguous as Casey represents someone the player may have known in their life. Feel free to discuss who Casey is to you or in your own version of the story, but please note: gender, in this case, is not important. It has no bearing on the story or the characters, nor is it intended to be a political statement of any kind.

Further, Monomi Park has been built to be an inclusive environment and its games are intended to be inclusive experiences. We don't see gender being an issue here because frankly, it never should be, in Slime Rancher or in real life.

If you feel differently or feel these forums are a place where you need to debate or discuss that particular issue, please do so elsewhere.
Nick
Developer

Postby Java » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:15 am

casey is a pangender spaniel there we go

pangender: aaaaaaaallllll the genders
java/tira, he/him pronouns, panro-ace demiboy.

be gay, drink cider, break boundaries

"Patto hikatte saita, hanabi o miteta,
Kitto mada owaranai natsu ga!"
Java
Rancher

Previous

Return to General Discussion