[Idea] Toggle GUI Hotkey

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Idea] Toggle GUI Hotkey

Postby MrNyan » Wed May 03, 2017 9:25 pm

Hello!

I'm not sure if this has been suggested in the past of this forums, but an ability to hide all the GUIs (i.e the HP/Energy Bar, Inventory, Vac-Pack,etc) in-game would be lovely for people who would like to take screenshots of the game of their own ranches.

Let's say, for an example, someone wanted to take a screenshot of a scene with their slimes on the ranch to be a desktop wallpaper. Unfortunately, having the vac-pack, hp bar, etc on-screen as you take the photo kinda breaks the flow of it (similar to having a photographer thumb cover part of the lens). It would be nice if there was a way to toggle this GUI off and on so you could take a photo for such a situation.

(If there is already a way to do this in the game, could someone tell me? I checked the input section of the settings and didn't see any signs of a way).

Thank you!
MrNyan
Plort

Re: [Idea] Toggle GUI Hotkey

Postby BeatrixLeBeau » Wed May 03, 2017 9:58 pm

When you take a screenshot the GUI doesn't show in it, the VAC-Pack still shows, but other than that its completely clear.
Feel free to PM me with any slime requests, and I'll make you an image of them in the game.
BeatrixLeBeau
Rancher

Postby MrNyan » Fri May 05, 2017 4:22 pm

Thank you for replying, but the screenshots I've taken the day I created this thread says otherwise. All the GUIs are still on the screen.

http://imgur.com/a/c1NdI
MrNyan
Plort

Postby BeatrixLeBeau » Fri May 05, 2017 6:47 pm

You are taking a screenshot of your screen, not of the game, press escape, and hit the screenshot button.

You should get a screenshot with only the world, and your Vac-Pack, like this:
Feel free to PM me with any slime requests, and I'll make you an image of them in the game.
BeatrixLeBeau
Rancher

Postby WaffleMelon » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:21 pm

Sorry to be bringing up such an old thread, but I think the GUI toggle would be a pretty handy feature. The screenshot option is pretty neat, but as the OP said it doesn't allow you to take landscape and cinematic pictures of your game without the vac. Also, if you could toggle the GUI you would be able to just play the game without it, which would also be really nice. There could be an option to toggle the UI like the screenshot feature does and one to get rid of the vac as well :D
WaffleMelon
Chickadoo

Postby GravityCat » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:09 pm

WaffleMelon wrote:it doesn't allow you to take landscape and cinematic pictures of your game without the vac

It can be quite tricky to get the perfect image when the vacpack takes up 1/4 of your screen. A lot of images on the wiki would definitely benefit.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Return to General Discussion