add multiplayer please!!!

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

add multiplayer please!!!

Postby DanieBoy » Tue May 02, 2017 1:53 pm

me and my sister would like to work together instead of looking at each others worlds. Please add in multiplayer.....
DanieBoy
Plort

Re: add multiplayer please!!!

Postby MarappaTheRancher13 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:59 pm

P A I T E N C E
once the game passes 1.0.0, They start Focusing on making multiplayer
YABBA DABBA DOO
MarappaTheRancher13
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue May 02, 2017 4:44 pm

Oh look, it's one of those posts... I'll just copy and paste what I said before so I don't have to think more about responding to these kinds of things and lose my sanity.

It would be great, but it's not going to be added (atleast for now), and here's why:
Monomi Park are planning on adding multiplayer if it'll ever be possible, but because of how resource intensive and because of how much physics are there in the game, it might be impossible to do that because it would be hard not to make everything desync between players, it would just worsen the player experience and make it crappy. Plus, if everything has to be precise, it would consume a large amount of bandwith, which is something that your internet connections might be unable to handle. And for those of you who still think that theyshould do it even if it'll be low quality then I imagine that the game would be received way worse for its barely functioning multiplayer.
They are kicking around with some ideas and haven't announced anything yet, by the way.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby PrismSlime » Tue May 02, 2017 9:05 pm

emerald, you've responded to this so many times, you should've done that long ago. set the /paste to a hotkey if possible.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Return to General Discussion