"Picking" Fruit

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

"Picking" Fruit

Postby SnowPoff » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:13 pm

I think it takes a long time to vac fruit off of trees in general, but every now and then the fruit will just shake but never come off the tree? Is it an intentional part of the game involving angle or just a super minor bug?

P.S. Having "Pulse Wave" shake off ripe fruit would be great thanks.
SnowPoff
Rancher

Re: "Picking" Fruit

Postby SpiralRancher » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:12 pm

You mean like this?

SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby SnailsAttack » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:35 pm

SpiralRancher wrote:You mean like this?

Probably like that. I feel like it's so much more annoying to pick fruit now. You have to go around to at least 4 different sides of the tree just to suck up all the stupid fruit. It's way easier just to remove the crops, pick them up off the ground, and replant them.
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:08 pm

that'll grow them way faster than you need. it's better if you just stand back so your vac has a wider range. but also i've noticed that crops occasionally don't come off at all when you vac them if you've been in the same play session for a while. just close and reenter the game to fix it. or possibly only as far as the main menu, idk.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby NoticeMeGenki » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:58 am

The fruit never shaking loose thing happens to me sometimes when I have the game open for a long time on the pause screen. When that happens no produce can be sucked off of trees or out of the ground at all, not even naturally growing ones. The produce will fall off/pop up as normal but just can't be harvested via vac-pack. It's probably a bug.
NoticeMeGenki
Rancher

Postby SnowPoff » Mon May 01, 2017 2:26 pm

I'm glad you posted a GIF of cuberries. It seems to mostly on Cuberry Trees. I've had a little issue with mint mango but 90% of the time it's Cuberry. Do the fruit have collision on the tree?
SnowPoff
Rancher

Postby Niday » Mon May 01, 2017 9:22 pm

This is super annoying when the fruit doesn't come off lol.
Niday
Plort

Return to General Discussion