[Suggestion] Using plorts for more than just currency

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Suggestion] Using plorts for more than just currency

Postby Takeda92 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:20 pm

Hello,

First of all, I really like this game and I'm waiting for the day I can play the full version.

Now, I'd like to drop some suggestions regarding other ways to use plorts. For now, the main function of plorts is to sell them (or make largos, but you want largos to sell their plorts). I had an idea to give plorts other usage and I'd like to share the few examples I came up with:

- I already mentioned this before in a post. Regarding boom plorts, they are usually cheaper than honey or puddle plorts and many think that they are not worth the effort. It would be nice if boom plorts had a unique ability of exploding on contact when you shoot them from your vacpack. They can be used to open up some caved in routes (by destroying rocks) or by introducing a new crate (reinforced crate) that can only be opened if you throw a boom plort at it. I believe this will give a reason for the player to raise boom slimes.

- Phosphor plorts: if this game would ever have explorable caves that are too dark to see inside, then phosphor plorts can be used as a fuel for a new vacpack tool called flashlight. This flashlight will use phosphor plorts as "battery" to work so you can explore dark areas or you can just throw phosphor plorts on the ground to light your way.

- Plorts used as food. I thought of an idea of a slime with really expensive plorts with a diet of another slime's plort that are much less expensive. So in a way, you're raising one type of slime just to feed another type of slime. For example, the honey plorts can be food for some new slime.

These are the ideas that I have so far. If someone has more ideas or a comment, then by all means, leave them here.
Takeda92
Plort

Re: [Suggestion] Using plorts for more than just currency

Postby Pigcatapult » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:33 pm

Those are some interesting utilities! I like them. =) Would this be in combination with or instead of another proposal to have upgrades cost plorts (in addition to money)?
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby Takeda92 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:45 pm

Sure, why not. I just wanted to throw some ideas out for the developer to look at.
Takeda92
Plort

Postby Biosaur » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:52 pm

Why not also make foods have more uses,like using Heartbeets to upgrade your max health or something! Mint mangoes could be used for tank upgrades and as for energy upgrades... umm, something blue?
Slime poop is valuable, use it wisely
Biosaur
Chickadoo

Postby Elskah » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:58 pm

Biosaur wrote:Why not also make foods have more uses,like using Heartbeets to upgrade your max health or something! Mint mangoes could be used for tank upgrades and as for energy upgrades... umm, something blue?

Cuberries make more sense for tank upgrades... because they're cubes. Like tanks. :D Maybe the Rad Slimes' favorite food could be used for energy upgrades. Since Rad Slimes have their whole electricity thing. It makes sense that their favorite food would have something to do with it too.
Those stripes, that tail, that wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
Elskah
Rancher

Return to General Discussion