German Translation Feedback Thread

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

German Translation Feedback Thread

Postby Nick » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:33 pm

Please use this thread to offer constructive feedback for Slime Rancher's official German language translation.

We want each translation of Slime Rancher to be the best it can be, so please be as specific as possible with your feedback so we're aware of what works and what doesn't.

Thanks!

Bitte verwendet diesen Thread dazu, konstruktive Kritik für Slime Ranchers offizielle, deutsche Übersetzung zu posten.

Wir wollen, dass jede Übersetzung von Slime Rancher so gut wie nur möglich wird, also seid bitte spezifisch mit eurer Rückmeldung - sprich: gebt idealerweise Beispiele mit an - damit wir genau wissen, was in euren Augen funktioniert und was nicht.

Vielen Dank!
Nick
Developer

Re: German Translation Feedback Thread

Postby Oppis » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:03 pm

In the description of the pond it says: *Wasser willst du damit anstellen?"
The translation is correctly but the joke with the "what are you..." / "water you..." is missing
I would prefer "Wasser denkst du dir damit zu tun?" instead. It would contain the joke and don't loose the meaning.

Also the slimepedia-entry of the tabby slime sounds very weird. I would replace the "Wackel" with "Schnur" , but that doesn't sound very good as well. Maby someone has a solution.

But anyway I will keep searching.
Oppis
Chickadoo

Postby Pollo » Sat May 06, 2017 2:58 pm

Oppis wrote:Also the slimepedia-entry of the tabby slime sounds very weird. I would replace the "Wackel" with "Schnur" , but that doesn't sound very good as well. Maby someone has a solution.

Considering they are called Miez-Schleims in german, how would be:
"Diese Streifen, dieser Schwanz, dieses Miez, Maunz, Miaunz ..."
Pollo
Chickadoo

Postby Xhatann » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:43 am

(I sadly dont own this game so far, so I'm bind to the Videos of YT playing it with the german translation :c)

https://youtu.be/NRMoyyReOZc?t=535
The sign says "Der Name ist Hobson [...]" wich doesnt make much scence in the german lanaguage, it should say "Mein Name ist Hobson [...]"

https://youtu.be/NRMoyyReOZc?t=1078Ich hatte inen (einen) großen, hohen Baum, wie diesen (dieser) hier am Rande meines Grundstücks auf der Erde. [...]

2nd Paragraph: 2nd Line: ahbe (habe) just a typo

This is all I found so far, if I find more, I'll post it :D

Stay slimy, Xha

P.S. I know my englisch isnt the yellow from the egg, but my german is ;)
Xhatann
Plort

Postby Kalma » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:45 am

Xhatann wrote:https://youtu.be/NRMoyyReOZc?t=1078Ich hatte inen (einen) großen, hohen Baum, wie diesen (dieser) hier am Rande meines Grundstücks auf der Erde. [...]

For me the "diesen" sounds better than "dieser". "Ich hatte einen großen, hohen Baum, wie diesen (Baum) hier, am Rande meines Grundstücks auf der Erde. [...]" "Ich hatte den Baum" --> deshalb "diesen" Baum.

In the Welcome-Letter from the 7Zee Corporation, the first sentence "[...] auf der Fernen, Fernen Weite herzlich heissen: Willkommen." should be "[...] auf der Fernen, Fernen Weite herzlich Willkommen heißen."

First letter of Viktor Humphries: "Meine intensiven Studien halten mich oft davon ab, tägliche (not tagliche) [...]"

First letter of Ogden Ortiz: Again the "Der Name ist [...]"-thing. It should be "Mein Name ist [...]" and at the end "Wir sprechen uns über die Tauschbörse." don't make sense. It should be something like "Sprechen wir über die Tauschbörse."

The invitation letter for the 7Zee rewards: "[...] höchst begehrten "7Zee-Belohnugns-Club" [...]" -"Belohnungs"just a spelling mistake. In the next sentence: "[...] erlaubt es ihnen [...]" - "Ihnen". Same in "Jeder Rang verleiht ihnen [...]" - "Ihnen & "Wir freuen uns auf ihren Beitritt." - "Ihren". "[...] Eröffnet ihnen [...]" - Ihnen.

The thing with "ihren"/"ihnen" will also be found in other letters, but I won't list all of them. In german, it's polite to write the first letter of salutations big, if you don't know the person well who will get the letter.

The "Chroma Packs" letter: "Ranch-HAsu" - "Ranch-Haus". "Bitte beachten sie, dass während sie [...]" - "Bitte beachten Sie, dass während Sie [...]" (the same as the ihren/ihnen thing + one comma too much).

The letter about Slime Toys: "Bitte entsculdigen sie [...]" - "Bitte entschuldigen Sie [...]"

The letter from Hobson Twillgers: "[...] als Reisekasse für das groe Unbekannte [...]" - "[...] als Reisekasse für das große/grosse Unbekannte [...]"

And sorry for my english ^^

P. S.
Pollo wrote:
Oppis wrote:Also the slimepedia-entry of the tabby slime sounds very weird. I would replace the "Wackel" with "Schnur" , but that doesn't sound very good as well. Maby someone has a solution.

Considering they are called Miez-Schleims in german, how would be:
"Diese Streifen, dieser Schwanz, dieses Miez, Maunz, Miaunz ..."

Yes! That would be nice.
Kalma
Plort

Postby Pollo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:10 am

Hello again,

was discovering the spectacular glass desert and located a few typos.
They are just minor but can be annoying.

Typo_01.jpg
Typo_01.jpg (90.29 KiB) Viewed 9232 times

Typo_02.jpg
Typo_02.jpg (89.44 KiB) Viewed 9232 times

Typo_03.jpg
Typo_03.jpg (121.83 KiB) Viewed 9232 times

I hope that helps.
Pollo
Chickadoo

Postby UnrealPanda » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:42 am

Hello, Ive found a little Typo in the description of slime Largos.
should've been an "ist".
minor little typos. ^^
Ima go back to hunting slimes.
UnrealPanda
Plort

Return to General Discussion