[Suggestion] Dynamic Weather and A New Slime

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Suggestion] Dynamic Weather and A New Slime

Postby SnailsAttack » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:36 pm

There is currently no weather in Slime Rancher, and while I'd assume it's planned (as rain is mentioned multiple times by various NPCs) I'd still like to suggest how it would work.

As for rain, I think that it should randomly start and stop at various times. Before the rain begins, the sky would darken and begin to cloud up. Then the rain would begin to fall and increase and decrease in density over the course of a few minutes before eventually stopping.

There should also be thunder storms, which are significantly rarer and will not occur during the first 7 days of gameplay. They would last longer than a normal rain storm, with denser rain and ambient thunder and lightning.

During a thunder storm, Thunder Slimes would spawn. They would appear as a cloudy gray slime with an amorphous shape, and would occasionally emit small electric shocks. They could be caught, although they'll zap anything that comes near them dealing 20 damage. If they are fed any fruit (they have no favorite) they will give you a Thunder Plort.

Any slime that attempts to consume a thunder plort will be electrocuted. (but not killed)
Thunder Slimes will become extremely agitated if you do not water them every once in a while.

Back to the subject of rain, any boom slime that is exposed to it will instantly harden to rock. The same thing happens if they fall into a pool of water. If you take them out of the rain they will go back to normal after a few seconds.

Crystal slimes also hate water, and will be killed if they are exposed to it for too long (or splashed with it too many times).

If you want to protect these slimes from the rain, an air net will do the job. Thunder slimes will benefit from a lack thereof, as while they are in the rain they will produce 2 plorts instead of 1 if you feed them.

I'm not sure what electric plorts could be used for, but you can probably fill in the details.

As a last suggestion, there should also be fog which can appear in the early morning. It would be purely aesthetic.

Anyways, thanks for reading!
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Return to General Discussion