[Suggestion] More Dangerous Tarrs

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Suggestion] More Dangerous Tarrs

Postby SnailsAttack » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:16 pm

As they stand, Tarrs are... probably one of the least threatening things in Slime Rancher.

You are probably ten times as likely to accidentally fall into the slime sea than to die to a Tarr. This is because it is so easy to run from them or dash around them. To actually get hit by one, you have to stand next to them for several seconds and wait to get bitten, and even then they only do a measly 10 damage.

That doesn't make me feel very compelled to carry a supply of water or setup various Tarr-Preventing gadgets, which I SHOULD feel compelled to do.

So heres my suggestion on how to make them more dangerous :

First off, the Tarr should be able to grab the player in a way similar to slimes. If the player is reeled in, they will be delt 80 damage and thrown back a short distance.

You can only be grabbed if you are standing relatively still within a moderate distance of the Tarr. If you shoot a blast of water at the Tarr, it will instantly release you.

Second off, a Tarr's normal bite should do 40 damage, not a measly 10 damage. Tarrs should also move faster, jump around less, and reel in slimes faster.

I feel that these changes to the Tarr would make them a more dangerous and interesting threat. Anyways, thanks for reading!
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Re: [Suggestion] More Dangerous Tarrs

Postby Freeasabird » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:05 am

Yeah, no kidding. i mean me personally i just let them do their thing and just ignore them, unless they get in my way. when you see tarr you you should be thinking "Oh Shiz a tart outbreak! i gotta get out of here! D:" not "Sigh >:/ oh great a tarr out break Uhhg". whitch is Not a good thing to think when dealing with the Enemy of the game . You shouldn't be just exasperated by the appearance of tarrs you should dread them. Run away and let them disappear on their own or come prepared with a few water cannons and a supply of water in your tank.
You should be worried that your...well, your Items are in danger of being lost or whatever. They need to be more dangerous for sure. that Tarr grabbing the Rancher thing is a neat idea i have to say. that would indeed be a step in the right direction. There favorite food is The Rancher after all. i mean they will attack other slimes like normal but if you get within their aggro range they will prioritize you ever anything else. like, there favorite food just came waltzing by there gonna eat you and only you. thats why you should ALWAYS have a supply of water on hand. like..does anyone even bother buying the water tank anymore?...or ever, even?
Boom slimes, Rocks Slimes, No Pain No gain.
Freeasabird
Rancher

Postby Tron » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:23 pm

I agree I also think that there should be more threats to the player in the game besides tar ans the slime sea.
Heres a though you're reading this And of ALL the places to be in the universe of all the things to do in the universe AND of ALL the times you couldve Existed in the spacetime continuum youre reading this virtual block of text.Pretty amazing huh?
Tron
Rancher

Postby Bloo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:24 pm

Make Tarrs scarier, and maybe make Largoes have to eat 2 foreign plorts in order to become one (making them rarer as well, for balance).

Eating one foreign plort could make them sick (they could get a facial expression that shows that), and could maybe be 'healed' by being fed a special food or something.
Bloo
Chickadoo

Postby HappyRainbew » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:32 pm

Bloo wrote:Make Tarrs scarier, and maybe make Largoes have to eat 2 foreign plorts in order to become one (making them rarer as well, for balance).

Eating one foreign plort could make them sick (they could get a facial expression that shows that), and could maybe be 'healed' by being fed a special food or something.

I really like this idea, along with making the tarr more dangerous but rare (beginner players might have difficulty with harder tarrs since they can't get water)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
HappyRainbew
Rancher

Postby SnailsAttack » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:25 pm

Bloo wrote:Make Tarrs scarier, and maybe make Largoes have to eat 2 foreign plorts in order to become one (making them rarer as well, for balance).

I feel like this would make Tarrs painfully rare and less of an issue.
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Postby cloudyrei » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Also a problem with making the Tarr more rare is, and forgive me if I'm mistaken but, I'm pretty sure they are meant to clear our out an area if it gets too crowded?

So I propose another kind of super Tarr that spawns in some special way different than the regular just annoying Tarr.
cloudyrei
Rancher

Return to General Discussion