Does anyone know each gordo's bursting point?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Does anyone know each gordo's bursting point?

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:25 pm

Or more specifically, how much they need to eat before they start pulsing from being close? I wanna fatten up my gordos just to make them stick out a bit more, but it'll bug me if they're vibrating all the time. I have 100 of every food stocked up, so assume I'll be feeding them their favorites. I'd do a trial and error, but it took a pretty long time to get some of the ones i wanted since we only have novice gordo snares atm.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Re: Does anyone know each gordo's bursting point?

Postby NoticeMeGenki » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:18 pm

It takes 45 food items to pop Pink Gordos, and 65 food items for other Gordos. Using their favorite foods will halve the amount of food items you need. Making their popping limit 33.
Last edited by NoticeMeGenki on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NoticeMeGenki
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:25 pm

but that's how much they take to pop- i wanna know how much before they start showing signs of bursting just to make them bigger.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby NoticeMeGenki » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:38 am

Ok I'm doing some experimenting now. 14 of their favorite is safe. When more grow I'll update you.
NoticeMeGenki
Rancher

Postby NoticeMeGenki » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:46 am

At 33 pinks start trembling.

At 25 (favorite) a rad largo starts trembling.

The number may be random and may be different for other largos. I only had 2 test subjects so I am unsure atm. I will continue experimenting.

Update: I've had 3 pink largos start trembling at 33. So I think that is their limit.
NoticeMeGenki
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:22 pm

i may start doing some testing myself now that i've sold all my tier 3 plorts. took a while for the prices to build up after i got the initial 500, but i was able to get up 3 top tier rank upgrades through the whole process. so i should be able to do it again and max my rank. idk if i'll keep doing that, but if not i'd have to figure out what to even do with the extra space at the docks lol. my next level is the upgrade for them, so maybe it'll give me some ideas when i get it. but one of the chroma pack before that is really pretty! perfect shades of blue for the docks, and really makes things pop everywhere else!

*so a quick edit of something i just remembered, the wiki for slime rancher actually states how much you need to feed to pop a gordo: "You are required to have 45 food items (50 on older versions) to satisfy the Pink Gordos, and 65 (75 on older versions) for other Gordos (if you feed only its favorite food item it will burst in 33 food items). Items of the Gordo's favorite food count as double the amount of food (the pink gordo does not have a favorite). Once fed to satisfaction, a Gordo will explode, providing a reward." So going off this, i'd say it's safe to assume that all other gordo besides pink have the same bursting point as that rad gordo. But a quick clarification, they started trembling at 33 and 25? or 33 and 25 before before they started trembling?

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby PrismSlime » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:29 pm

i did a it of experimenting on my own and you're just a bit off it looks like. honey- and likely any other type of gordo aside from pink can have *23 of their favorite food. even 1 extra bit of food that they don't prefer will tick them over to the trembling point. pink's were spot on though with 32 before they start trembling. finally time to fatten up some gordo. i knew there was a reason i stockpiled 100 of every resource!
Last edited by PrismSlime on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby PrismSlime » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:14 pm

If you've ever wondered just how big gordo get:

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby NoticeMeGenki » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:46 pm

Gah so colse! Hope I at least helped out a little haha.

The vac-pack upgrade is just one rank up for me and I neeeeeeed it, so I was a bit stingy with my crops. It also doesn't help that I refuse to dip onto my silos for some reason, and I NEVER sleep in game. Soooo experimenting with this took quite a while for me.

Secondly... I can't tell you how happy I am that phosphor gordos are just fine in well lit areas! My favorite slime can finally sit pretty right next to my house~❤️
NoticeMeGenki
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:13 pm

well it was a good starting point at least lol. it helps to sleep just so your slimes get hungry faster. and that is true, but i still like to keep my phosphor gordos in well shaded areas if i can. i have gordos all over my ranch, but not in my lab. i simply have too many actual gadgets that i need. any spare ones are in really bad spots that either wouldn't do much for aesthetics, or would just be completely in the way if i were to put a gordo there. i plan to eventually max my refinery on all the extractor resources so i can remove my extractors all together and get at least a boom and quantum gordo in there. i kinda want a rad too since it's sciencey, but the aura would be a bit in the way. that, and i already have a rad in my grotto. i'm currently working on restocking my supplies, but then i think i'll start fattening up the other gordos on my ranch. idk what to do when we get more slimes though. there won't be enough spots at the docks to have one of each anymore. :(

PrismSlime
Keeper

Return to General Discussion