[Idea] Slimes that affect the environment

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Idea] Slimes that affect the environment

Postby Bloo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:40 pm

I was thinking that a snowy / iceberg-y area could be a fun DLC zone or something, later on down the line after 1.0.
In general, the idea of 'slimes as tools' to navigate an environment could be interesting, for example:

Snow Slime: Freezes liquid on contact, creating a solid (yet slippery) surface. Their plorts are used as everlasting ice cubes / coolant.

And in the zone they are found in, they could be sucked into the Vac gun and shot over otherwise uncrossable water to create a path to far off hidden places, or in areas where there are many of them near a lake or such, to create a slippery hazard players need to be careful of running on or they might slide into something dangerous (like off a cliff).

Or secret passages / rooms that need a Boom slime to explode near a special wall to open up, or pitch dark rooms with only the Vac light and scattered Phosphors to light small areas of. That kind of thing.

In this way slimes could be used not just for plorts, but as tools used to solve environment puzzles or access new areas, just by using them as ammo that can temporarily alter terrain. :3
Bloo
Chickadoo

Re: [Idea] Slimes that affect the environment

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:50 am

Nice idea!
I hope that puzzles like this appear in the Glass Desert, since it's going to have challenges not seen before in the other zones, as devs said.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Re: [Idea] Slimes that affect the environment

Postby SquillionthGamer » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:57 pm

This would be cool with, say, the boom slime having to break a wall to a treasure pod or something.
Guess who's back(back back)
Back again
Squill is back
Tell a friend(friend friend)

SquillionthGamer
Keeper

Return to General Discussion