Share your replayability ideas!

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Share your replayability ideas!

Postby soulsynapse » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:52 pm

Right now we have the 5 day speed run thing but I feel like there's so much more potential!

My ideas:

PRESTIGING
  • There could be something to do with the quantum slimes that let you 'prestige' somehow. Like, go back in time, but the game changes in a few ways to make things interesting. Maybe reality gets a little messed up somehow? Like the sky has strange swirls in it, rocks have a strange pattern on them, small things.
  • Alternatively it could be a science thing that sends you to an alternate dimension?
  • You could have a science thing that changes reality back to normal if you want? Or switch between realities
  • Maybe the difficulty could go up if you prestige?
  • Rare slimes that only appear in alternative realities?

MORE SPEED RUNNING INCENTIVES
  • Right now there's no in-game rewards for speed running anything, building on the idea above, maybe there could be "timed quests" in alternative realities that if you reach the goal in the time alotted you can take the objects back to your reality? Instead of making a new file that has no bearing on your main file
  • With the above, more objectives for speed running? Maybe [SPOILERS HIGHLIGHT TO READ] racing to the ancient zone? or paying off your mortgage?
  • There could be leaderboards for different speed racing objectives too

SLIME PROGRESSION
  • Right now slimes are just.. slimes. Maybe after keeping certain slimes in captivity for long enough, maybe they could change in certain ways.
  • For example, if you put tabby slimes in the plot right next to the market long enough, they can morph into money cat slimes.
  • If you keep radioactive largos for a long time, they can 'decay' into smaller versions which make them easier to keep
  • If you keep exploding slimes for a long time they could split into more of themselves?
  • If you keep a tar slime around long enough without food it could morph into a tame tar slime that doesn't need food but drinks water
  • Honey slimes could bunch together creating 2headed or 3headed honey slimes?
  • Rock slimes could become rounded
  • Crystal slimes could become polished gem slimes
  • Phosphor slimes could become elder fairy slimes, I dunno. Just ideas.
  • Maybe limit the number of these special slimes in captivity (and have them make a type of bonus for the rest of the slimes in the group?), but have them appear VERY rarely in the wild?

MULTIPLAYER FUNCTIONS
Game doesn't need true multiplayer, but one of the hallmarks of a highly replabyable game is being able to interact with other players. A few ideas:

• Help other player's farms?
  • Have your slimes fight eachother?
  • Slime olympics where you send your favorite slimes to compete?
  • Slime obstacle courses that you make and other people attempt to complete?

Just a few ideas :) please share your own!
soulsynapse
Plort

Re: Share your replayability ideas!

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:22 pm

some of those sound pretty interesting, but not everything needs to be speedrun-able. one of the reasons i think a lot of people like sr is its simplicity. all in all, you're still just a simple slime rancher. it's not Beatrix's job to worry about alternate realities or time travel. unless the path to Hobson leads to that... in which case i'm all for it lol
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Return to General Discussion